LFTS 10/30

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by CDN1, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Namrock

Namrock

It's a Vertix. Since the 1st solocam craze I've always gave the Mathew's guy's a hard time about their bows. Just good natured smack talk. Like the Ford, Chevy, Dodge thing. Said I'd never shoot 1, then when my back was to the wall & I HAD to get a new rig. I shot 1 & that changed my tune real fast. I was finishing up sighting in my broadheads today after work till about 3:00. In the stand at 4 & doing a live test run around 5:30. I'm impressed so far

2. Tryin2

Tryin2

[QUOTE="snortwheeze, post: 8700575, member:
    I heard some deer this evening but didn't see any. Had a venture with my brothers though, good time
    View attachment 595785 [/QUOTE]

That spot looks very familiar...did you guys get far enough back to see the beaver lodge

3. retired dundo

retired dundo

So sorry but anybody that hunts long enough is going to have times like this,Just like anything else in live you have bad days.

"Big Tuna" likes this.
  4. CDN1

CDN1

So this is a late post for last nights hunt but it was late and I was dismayed at the situation so I wanted to see how things played out. Needless to say I FOUND HIM!!!! YEAH BABY YEAH! IMG_1569.JPG
    Was a single lung hit. Yes I am officially color blind! But my son and friend are not. Was not an easy trail and he went about 250-300yrds

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

5. That’s a beautiful buck! Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sevevan1 and CDN1 like this.
  6. Falk

Falk

Great Buck.

CDN1 likes this.
  7. CDN1

CDN1

Thank you. Was a looong night last night. The stand was pretty boring until about 6:30pm I decided to let out a few light grunt calls. Looking over my left shoulder I see a doe pop out of the corn field into a weedy ditch. She milled around a little, then back into the corn field. Next I hear walking in the leaves behind me thinking it's a deer I slowly look down. But just a raccoon,looking up from the raccoon don't I see a small 6 point buck drop down a little hill to where the doe had milled around. He lip curled a few times then walked off quietly behind the stand. It's getting late at this point with just a few mins of light left.
    Next thing I hear is crashing around in the corn about 50-60yrds away. Then antlers crashing together, bucks are fighting in the corn but it's the last 5-6mins of legal time. Then I see a buck...a good buck walk into the woods just in front of me. He shakes his head and all I see is big white antlers. I still hadn't grabbed my Xbow, he's about 45yrds but slowing moving toward me. So I reached up grabbed my bow and got ready. I picked the only lane I could see clearly through. And decided if he gets to that lane I can get a clean shot at him. sure enough he steps into the lane which is 12 yards from me ( ranged it about 20 times early on) stops board side. Bring up the xbow, body fills the scope. Place the crosshairs where I think they should be then send it. Then the shaking ensues for a min or two. I collet myself a look at my watch it is 6:55pm shooting time ended at 6:54pm so I think I shot him in the last minute of legal time.
    Of course heard him run about 150 yards then nothing. Could not find blood or my bolt. So it was nice and cold last night -4 here and I just backed out.
    Went out after him this morning. My son and friend found blood but it was very little 1/4" spots and a few wipes on knee high weed and sticks. They stuck with the trial to the corn field. We could kind track him in the softer mud there and had decent blood. I looked way up ahead and saw the white belly in the corn row right next to the river. Hand shakes and hugs screw covid! Great family and friend to share the experience with was an awesome ending to a great hunt.
    God I love deer hunting.
    Now that coulda went either way but was so glad I hit the one lung and happy he left enough blood to track him. Great full to hunt such a great buck and people to help me recover him.

8. ninepntr

ninepntr

Got me a freezer filler, after a two year drought.
    Filling the freezer for the next catastrophe!
    Hope everyone else can do the same, stay safe and shoot straight!

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. rhood

rhood

Beast!!

10. Shawnxbow

Shawnxbow

Great buck great story

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

11. bowhunter426

bowhunter426

Great buck way to end the drought. Stout body. Would be intresting to see the jawbone.

ninepntr and LabtechLewis like this.
  12. LabtechLewis

LabtechLewis

:yeahthat:

ninepntr and bowhunter426 like this.
  13. Airoh

Airoh Premium Member

Excellent!! Congrats

ninepntr and fishinEd like this.
  14. Airoh

Airoh Premium Member

Yeah baby for sure!! Congrats

ninepntr likes this.
  15. Hoytman5

Hoytman5

Congrats to all the successful hunters! Spent the day with my grandkids so no hunting for me today.

ninepntr likes this.