LFTS 10/29

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Hoytman5, Oct 29, 2020.

1. LabtechLewis

LabtechLewis

Not how I read it! Spike came in, shooed the others off and it's been dead since. Pretty clear to me. I just wanted to see a dead spike. Pretty rare around here, you know.

2. aacosta

aacosta

They are elusive and hard to kill

November Sunrise and aph like this.

3. On Target

On Target

I guess I could have worded that differently. Spike is going to see another day. A bb may have been in trouble. Still nothing since then. Is it 5 yet? I stand by what I said in the all dayer post. Middays have always been uneventful for me 99% of the time. Its the 1% that keeps me doing it. Kind of like dumb and dumber, "so you're saying there's a chance".

Sent from my SM-G781V using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

4. CDN1

CDN1

In for the afternoon sit same spot as last night. different stand. Pushed up tight to the river 50yrd from the east Corn field 200yrds from the west corn field. Wind is blowing my scent out over the river. Deer are close by. Cell cam is 167yrds to my northwest right along the river
    IMG_1536.JPG IMG_1537.JPG
    With all that doe scent you’d think a buck would cruse this river bottom??
    Here’s to hoping so.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

5. CDN1

CDN1

Whoops View from the stand IMG_1538.JPG IMG_1539.JPG IMG_1540.JPG

6. wildcoy73

wildcoy73

I'm up in the tree, let's see if my luck can change.
    Did have a few scrapes on the way into this spot

Sent from my SM-N960U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

7. Gsphunteronpoint1

Gsphunteronpoint1

Wasn’t going to hunt tonight until my neighbor sent me a photo of our number #1 buck coming into my property at 8:30 this morning. Here’s to hoping he’s still in these woods. May have landed myself in the doghouse for hunting tonight but hey shell forgive me....eventually.

8. That’s an outstanding buck! Love the drop! Congrats to the lucky hunter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Sparky23

Sparky23 Banned

Slow morning but heard some farther in in the dark chasing. Came around to other end of block for right wind and found a lottt of very fresh big buck sign. Good luck guys. 20201029_110551.jpg

10. TheLionsFan

TheLionsFan

Just sat down 15 min ago. Saginaw County. Watched a really nice 6 or 8 when I drove in. Chased out a couple does walking in. Then found 4 new scrapes about 60 yards from my stand. I like it so far.

Good luck everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sniper, "Big Tuna", up520 and 2 others like this.
  11. dewy6068

dewy6068

Back in the same spot as this morning in Arenac county. Dang rain needs to stop! Pulled some cards on my way in this morning and finally have some decent bucks showing up! Hopefully one makes a mistake this afternoon!

Good luck and be safe!

12. springIstrutfallIrut

springIstrutfallIrut

20201029_151135.jpg
    Rattled at 2. Little buck came in immediately. 15 minutes later this one did and I let him have it.

13. Joe Archer

Joe Archer Staff Member Mods

ALWAYS better to beg forgiveness than ask permission when it comes to hunting!
    <----<<<

14. firemantom

firemantom

AF2615B4-52BB-4516-9443-97C3CCD374BC.jpeg I start hearing grunts inside the woods before it got light and had a buck walk under me about 7:30, still couldn’t make out how big. Then a nice buck came in grunting behind me about 75 yrds away then turned away from me. I grunted back, he stopped then kept going. Then I did a snort wheeze (which I never do because I’ve spooked them yrs ago doing it) and he stopped, turned around and started my way! He gets 10 yard away but I have no shot, then he realizes something isn’t quite right and starts walking to my left, which is great for me!! He’s now 15 yards to my left and behind me, I’m turned and ready, then he stops and is getting ready to bolt but as he turns to leave, I stop him and let it fly! He was slightly quartering away and the arrow hit perfectly. I could see blood at the impact site from my tree, waited an hour then started tracking. He went about 75-80 yards and piled up! 8 pt with two stickers, one that would’ve been sweet had it not broke off. Great morning!!