LFTS 10/29

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Hoytman5, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Esquire

Esquire

Good luck out there this morning. Unless something pops up at work, I plan on being in a blind tonight with my daughter in hopes of tagging her first buck.

2. goosebandit2

goosebandit2

3. bowhunter426

bowhunter426

Out in Ottawa County public. Wind is swirling bad on the river bottom. Had a doe, fawn and spike feeding 60 yards away on the other side of the ridge. The wind is in my face for the most part but the doe started getting nervous and sniffing before she started to blow. Plus side, the stand that was near here is now gone. Must have seen my gut pile from last week and found out he wasn't alone

20201029_080653.jpg

4. old graybeard

old graybeard

One fast moving doe but nothing chasing

5. November Sunrise

November Sunrise

6. CDN1

CDN1

Time for check in...not much seeems to be moving this morning? Will hang in till 10am then get ready for the evening hunt. IMG_1533.JPG IMG_1534.JPG
    Good luck if you are out!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

7. NonTypicalCPA

NonTypicalCPA

image.jpg
    Out in Van Buren. Hoping the forky I passed last night blew up into a big 10 and strolls through my shooting lane.

8. Maple_Ridge

Maple_Ridge

20201029_083827.jpg

Not fire hot today but I did see 1 buck! Not sure how big, far away thru brush

9. Macs13

Macs13

Crazy action last night. Passed a couple of does because they had smaller deer sticking right with them. I keep anthropomorphizing the deer when I see them with kids. My shooter buck really f-ed with me yesterday as he decided to stay way S of me and on private the whole time. I tried to grunt him in. No response. I tried to snort wheeze at him. No response. He just stared in my direction from 150 yards out. I had 7 does work their way directly under me so it was an exercise in holding still so as to not get my tree blown out. I had to wait about a half hour after dark to come down because I could still hear so many deer around me. Fun times. Plus, I found the arrow that I lost last week that had fallen off of my quiver.

Now I just need to remind myself that I'm out there to shoot a deer and not just observe them.

Good luck today. I'll likely be heading out for an afternoon to evening hunt.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

10. SPITFIRE

SPITFIRE

vsmorgantown, Esquire, up520 and 2 others like this.
  11. AnesthesiaOutdoors

AnesthesiaOutdoors

Had my target buck at 40 yards. No shot opportunities. Couple doe/fawn pairs since then. Here’s to hoping he comes back.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

vsmorgantown, up520, Esquire and 3 others like this.
  12. FREEPOP

FREEPOP

2.5 eight in the big plot at first light and six doe sporadically feeding around. Looks like there may be one fawn that's been abandoned.

vsmorgantown, Airoh, up520 and 2 others like this.
  13. WMU05

WMU05 Premium Member

Live from the home office...for just a few more hours. I'm hitting the road to Michigan by noon and will be in a tree a few hours later for my first sit of the year. My dad saw two shooters last night, so anticipation is quite high!

14. short stick

short stick

Slow so far here in Alcona co with on an off light rain. No deer to report. Good luck everyone hunting and be safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

15. dlawrence1

dlawrence1

Ohh good vocabulary! I had to google it to be honest.
    "Anthropomorphism is the attribution of human traits, emotions, or intentions to non-human entities. "