LFTS 10/25

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by dinoday, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Whitetail_hunter

Whitetail_hunter

Get a real good light for tracking as recommended and if ya can get those lighted kicks. It is beautiful watching one slide threw the rib cage. Not so great seeing one sticking out of the deer you shot as it runs away. I will be tracking in the am myself, good luck.

homer666, deepwoods, Macs13 and 2 others like this.
  2. Whitetail Freak

Whitetail Freak

I’ve taken a few years off and sitting there last night, was thinking I need to bust out the saw again. Pretty slow night for me, seen 15. Good luck this year groundsize!!

Groundsize and sniper like this.

3. John Hine

John Hine

You may be experiencing bad karma from climbing up in other people’s stands. I’m surprised at how open you are about doing that. People work hard to set up their spots, & you should do the same. Set up a spot because you’ve scouted it & you have confidence in it, don’t just jump in a stand because it’s there. It may not be against the law but it against the laws that sportsman live by called “hunters ethics”. Without a doubt, if you continue this behavior you WILL sit in some old boys stand & he’s gonna come in to hunt, find you in his spot & jerk a big knot in your tail. Just remember the immortal words of Mike Tyson,”everybody has a plan till they get punched in the face”! Seriously, if your just getting into hunting, learn the correct way & stick with it.

signed: some old boy!

4. Ryfarm48

Ryfarm48

I am new to hunting the Hillsdale area, the camera pictures have been just ok but not great as far as number of deer and it's been up for months, couple decent bucks, however I have noticed the several times I have been out driving the area to scout, I feel as if the doe numbers are very low. A month ago I was telling my out of state brother over the phone how I thought it was weird how I have been seeing very few deer especially does. From my stand last night, I can see miles and miles, there were no deer in any of them. Just gotta wait and see what happens.

5. Nickbarg83

Nickbarg83

Ya if you want my bear I don’t need it back bro

Namrock likes this.
  6. snortwheeze

snortwheeze

Norm I have that diamond marquise, it's a shooter man ! Can have it. Already to rock, take it and kill something...
    I'd like to get ahold of the guy after you !!
    I was a god awful bad kid as far as trouble but that's one thing I'm glad I can say. WAS NEVER a thieving scum bag !!!

CONGRATS too all that scored

sparky18181, Namrock, up520 and 2 others like this.
  7. sniper

sniper

Windmill construction crews cross crossing through Hillsdale. That’s what I’m blaming it on. Lol. And their not close to being done yet. Hoping for the late season around me.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

Groundsize likes this.
  8. mbrewer

mbrewer

Pampero Firpo is that baby daddy.

PF.jpg

Must be a true story.

9. QDMAMAN

QDMAMAN Premium Member

10. Bow hunter on a Mission

Bow hunter on a Mission

Cool buck!!! Make an awesome euro mount!

11. Whopper 24

Whopper 24

Yeah that could be if your in that area, definitely a lot of action for the wind guys. I hunt south of them, and I’m just not seeing numbers even close to normal. Last year during muzzleloader it was nothing for us to see 30+ deer as a group.... lucky to see a hair this year...?

12. Jet08

Jet08

Nah Big T, she’s a cold beer kinda girl for such occasions.

sniper, snortwheeze, QDMAMAN and 2 others like this.
  13. Macs13

Macs13

No blood, bolt, or dead deer. Assuming that it was a clean miss. I put in a few hours now so I'm calling it a miss. Right at the end of shooting light, so I probably mis-ranged it.

Managed to also lose a bolt from the quiver this morning so I'm negative two from that shot. My wallet just loves this sport.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

14. MichiFishy

MichiFishy

You said you heard a loud impact, so it hit something. There is not always blood at the impact site, but was there any hair, tracks from the deer taking off to follow?

Arrows don't make a lot of noise from burying in the ground, it is somewhere.

15. MichiFishy

MichiFishy

You said you heard a loud impact, so it hit something. There is not always blood at the impact site, but was there any hair, tracks from the deer taking off to follow?

Arrows don't make a lot of noise from burying in the ground, it is somewhere.

bowhunter426 likes this.