LFTS 10/22

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by old graybeard, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Namrock

Namrock

Never did get that nap in tonight. Buck actually came back out of the marsh grass he chased the doe into. Got a better look at him through the binos & I still wasn't sure as he closed the distance. He was heading back to my corner (still about a hundred out) until he spotted another doe in the fresh cut corn field & went to see if she was in the mood & chased her out the other side. Then a little 7 or 8 came in to about 80 yds & fed until dark. 2 nights in a row I had to sit in a tree until well after 8:00 over there.
    Bahahahaa! The sheep are nervous:eek:

2. jiggin is livin

jiggin is livin Premium Member

Sumbitch!! Congrats!

Glad I kept ripping the trails tonight and didn’t head to that stand. I only grabbed a 12 pack of Claws tonight because they got a screaming Halloween sale going on up at Walmark tomorrow. Some BA crocks on sale with a sick pumpkin design. Figured I better not get too wrecked before I head up er in the morning. They say “ain’t no laws when you’re driving the Claws”, but Johnny law told me otherwise Sunday on the way home from church. I had to drive because granny was smashed. I would have been out of refreshments right about them and had to get down to head for more.

Good thing I just hit a couple two tracks and managed to keep the ol heavy Chevy outta the rhubarb.

Congrats again and thanks for not dropping a loaf in my stand. Been there for years now, no problems yet.

3. Sprytle

Sprytle Premium Member

Congrats bowhunter!

bowhunter426 likes this.
  4. Dish7

Dish7

I think you were asleep and dreaming. Those were squirrels running past. ;) :D

Namrock, Hoytman5 and LuckyBucks like this.
  5. Kola

Kola

Found him! 40yd shot out of a hub style ground blind. Shot through the mesh window. He went 100 yds in a half circle, double lung pass through with a fixed three blade muzzy. Awesome thrill. My first archery season after 20 years of gun. Owned a bow (x-bow) for five days now! (Barnett whitetail hunter, $350 Dunham’s.... thing shoots great) Hearing the bolt hit was sweet! Had no idea where I hit him, but the hour wait to go look for sign was fantastic knowing I connected. Best of luck hunters! That was really fun. 46E81184-DA06-463A-913D-4311FEF55E53.jpeg 076E7074-E6EC-4BFC-97AA-0D61AF95DF5C.jpeg

6. Tom Fine

Tom Fine

Nice shooting. Congrats

Kola likes this.
  7. vsmorgantown

vsmorgantown

Awesome congrats! Nice freezer stuffer right there.

Kola likes this.
  8. retired dundo

retired dundo

Congrats

Kola likes this.
  9. bowhunter426

bowhunter426

Congrats

Kola likes this.
  10. uofmball1

uofmball1

Awesome! Welcome to bowhunting and congrats a great buck

Kola likes this.
  11. jiggin is livin

jiggin is livin Premium Member

Awesome! Congrats on making it all come together! You definitely don’t need to spend thousands to get out there, but it seems we all inevitably do. I’m generally cheap, so your set up sounds great and it obviously works! Mine is similar.

You said fixed blade right? I’ve never shot through the mesh, always made me nervous but I shoot mechanicals and figure they’ll open.

Congrats again!!

Kola likes this.