LFTS 10-12

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Whitetail_hunter, Oct 12, 2020.

1. old graybeard

old graybeard

Everything I've seen has been out of range and bald.

John Hine likes this.
  2. Airoh

Airoh Premium Member

Good luck everyone. Going to check the wind for a good stand today.

picked the wrong day for this guy. He’s 20 yards from my spot. And is the only day pic I have of him.
    0964D98D-360C-426A-8E69-AB41EB613D27.jpeg A0F9286B-0DAD-43FB-973C-A87F28625AA6.jpeg

3. fishonjr

fishonjr

Seen one 4pt at a scrape this morning around 7:45. That was it. I stayed until 11:00. Public land. Loggers have the road so messed up I barely made it out of there! What’s crazy is I didn’t even need four wheel drive to get in this morning, but it got a workout leaving. I wonder is they “fix” the trail on the weekends on purpose? It was so nice and smooth before they started working this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

4. jacksonmideerhunter

jacksonmideerhunter

Don't have to worry about them hiding in the corn up here. Course...don't have to worry about there being too many deer up here either, :lol:. Quite the transition going from the farm land of Jackson to the big woods of Atlanta. I've seen deer all but one sit so far, but theres definitely significantly less of them running around up here. Saw 2 fawns this morning.

5. Marty H

Marty H

About 7:45am I spied a set of deer legs in the next corn field about 50 yards and I thought it was a spike then as he entered the corn field I was next to at about 40 yards I saw a fork and thought he was a 4 pt then as he walked up to me at about 30 yards I realized he was a 6 pt. Could have got him at 20 yards but he hadn't turned into an 8 pt. Since I'm in Montcalm County and the CWD zone he had to have 4 on a side so when he walked under my tree at about 5 yards I dropped an apple core on his back and he didn't like it one bit !

jr28schalm, wpmisport, jme and 6 others like this.
  6. stickman1978

stickman1978

One from last night since I wont be going out tonight. Looks like it could get a little damp.

Attached Files:

bigbucks160, up520, Airoh and 3 others like this.
  7. Namrock

Namrock

You want me to go sit in one of your old stands & "take pictures":cool: of the deer that walk by it for old times sake Big L?

8. jacksonmideerhunter

jacksonmideerhunter

Thats a generous offer there Norm! But Im just letting them get REAL comfortable in those spots all season, until I head down and surprise them Nov 14-16th. :woohoo1:.

9. Hookslinger

Hookslinger

Set up on public. Edge of swamp bedding. Oak behind me dropping acorns. I'm probably gonba get rained on but oh well.

John Hine, Namrock and Joe Archer like this.
  10. old graybeard

old graybeard

I hate popups but with rain moving that's where I've planted my arse for the night.
    Saw a buck go through here a couple days ago so who knows. Good thing is the corn just north of me is coming down right now.
    20201012_163638.jpg

bigbucks160, up520, Esquire and 14 others like this.
  11. SHHHET21

SHHHET21

Im out. Wind isnt bad down in the river bottom. Hopefully the rain coming gets the deer moving early. Good luck!

John Hine, Namrock and Joe Archer like this.
  12. Namrock

Namrock

The only sound I like better than silence when I'm hunting, is that diesel hum from the neighbors big green combine. Get ready, stay ready OGB!!!!

13. Namrock

Namrock

Sweet! Maybe you can stop & see me & Phil when you're down. If you change your mind just let me know. I swear I'll just have a camera (Attached to my stabilizer:p) with me.

jacksonmideerhunter likes this.
  14. old graybeard

old graybeard

It's getting really dark and nasty looking. If I was smart I would head for the house but I can still hear the combine and Norm said to stay put plus I know what lives in that corn.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  15. syrio

syrio

New hunter here, does cutting corn force deer to spend more time in the woods or closer to tree line? Or is it easier to see them further away.

John Hine likes this.