LFTS 10/11

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by TugIsTheDrug, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Swampdog467

Swampdog467

Back home to Michigan, Van Buren and Iosco
    I'm heading out the door in just a few. Got a stand 5 minutes from my back door that's perfect for an East wind

Sent from my E6810 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

Central U.P. and Namrock like this.
  2. jr28schalm

jr28schalm

I'd run out before him so you don't have to jump him

3. sniper

sniper

Strapped in in Hillsdale. Had one walk right under me already. Cloudy and 53 with an ENE breeze. Slow sunrise this morning. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

4. moe6344

moe6344

Namrock likes this.
  5. willl-burrr

willl-burrr

Checking in from Ingham County. First sit in a “corona stand” I set in April while on furlough. Good luck to all.

6. goosebandit2

goosebandit2

Joe Archer and Namrock like this.
  7. Baybum

Baybum

Back at it. Lapeer public. Was kind of due for that, but apologies to the other guy in this section for getting turned around like 8 times. Set up but probably won't get any action for a while. Lots and lots of people out on the drive in. Waterfowlers sound like they're lighting it up this morning too. 20201011_072507.jpeg

Sent from my SM-A716U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

up520, jparks02, plugger and 8 others like this.
  8. Craves

Craves

Well, my hunt may have been over before it started...quietly walked out to my stand, and when I got about 20 yrds from it a deer snorts and takes off. I think to myself that it didn't make too much noise, should be fine. One step later, a second deer snorts and takes off and keeps snorting for several minutes...ugh.

At least someone turned off the fan this morning so far!

Beautiful morning. Songbirds are waking up, a couple of crows are calling, acorns are still falling, and the occasional duck hunters are shooting out on the river.

Slight breeze from the northeast with clear skies and 45 degrees here in St. Clair County.

Good Luck!

Grandriverrat, Namrock, d_rek and 4 others like this.
  9. old graybeard

old graybeard

10. marcus619

marcus619

Checkin in from Isabela ct. Bern settled in since 630. couple walked thru before light. looks like a good day to be in the woods. be safe and shoot straight

drenthp and Baybum like this.
  11. bowhunter426

bowhunter426

Just had a small buck with a screwed up lower jaw come thru. Otherwise slow morning so far

fishgod and Horseshoe like this.
  12. BulldogOutlander

BulldogOutlander

morning guys! Was able to tag my first archery kill last night. Maybe i should retire from archery hunting with a perfect 1 sit, 1 kill ratio? lol

What a rush! So much fun. sat at 3pm and watched squirrels and birds for the next 4 hours. Just when i thought the landowner was BS'in me saying i would see 10+ deer in that stand, i look around and BOOM! Doe at 124 yards (i ranged her lol). Watched her, then 2 more show up. They disappear, and a couple minutes later come back out at 80 yards. Heart starts pumping a little. They disappear again. Pop back out at 120 yards again. D'oh!

Then another pops out at 80, i'm watching her, and all of a sudden BOOM! She looks straight at me.. Crap! Busted! I'm frozen hoping for the best. wind is in my favor so i know she wont smell me. As we are looking at each other, movement out of the corner of my left eye, 3 more! but now within 40 yards! Doe farther out goes back to eating, so i turn my attention to the closer ones.

One doe comes within 20 yards, but my only broadside shot is through a softball sized opening in floating branches, she then gets even closer (sub 10 yards, i had lots of time to range lots of locations prior). Heart is thumping more and more, however she is pointed at me, head down, no shot. I look up and see a good sized doe out at 30~ yards.. Broadside and in my widest shooting lane.. I lift up my crossbow, put my crosshairs on her, she is still standing there, perfectly.. squeezed the trigger..

THA-WHACK!!!!!!!! 10+ deer scatter every direction.. i watch her run and disappear and then hear the crashing of a deer meeting its end.. I climb down, text the wife, and landowner "arrow released!"

Landowner and his son in law come out with flash lights. Walk up and said "we figured you shot because we were watching a couple does from the house and then they all scattered". They help with flash lights, and common razzing "what's taking you so long?"

we drag her out, but all processors close in 8 minutes, and i'm 30 minutes away lol. Brought her to my parents house and hung her up before getting home shortly after 9pm last night. First time archery hunting, been hunting firearm season for 20+ years.. This rush was unreal. I'm hooked!

Good luck to everyone in the stands. May your arrows fly straight and true, and stay safe!

(ignore the fat guy in camo)

Attached Files:

13. Fissshh On!

Fissshh On!

Only in the stand for 15 min, saw 6 turkeys and an 8 pointer in the neighbors property

14. paragonrun

paragonrun

congratulations on your first

15. dewy2232

dewy2232

Congrats BulldogOutlander.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman