LFTB 5/11/20

Discussion in 'MichiganTurkey.com' started by Flight of the arrow, May 11, 2020.

1. Flight of the arrow

Flight of the arrow Premium Member

Last chance for the wife, ran into a Jake and hen yesterday morning on the walk out, wife wasn’t going to shoot him always but he gave us the slip. Didn’t hunt agin the rest of the day because the weather was down right nasty.
    Went near to where all the gobbling was yesterday and nothing this morning so we kept moving to the blind, no gobbling this morning so let’s see how this plays out. Good luck if there’s anyone else out there this morning.
    Flight

2. Flight of the arrow

And it’s snowing, looking at the weather for next week at least it’s going to start to warm up.
    Flight

3. Yankee#1

Yankee#1

I was out. I thought with last night's rain that the ground would be soft, so I got tight to the roost of one of the birds I had targeted mid-April.

Didn't hear a peep or a wingbeat all morning, I thought they had abandoned the roost. Then at 6:45ish out of nowhere a hen land 10 yards from me, and the second one quickly followed except she almost landed on me, touched down about 5 feet from my boots. Gobbler followed but landed on the opposite side of a hill 50 yards away, not the direction he usually flies off the roost - the hens headed toward him and the three of them disappeared into the timber like ghosts.

We didn't have snow here, but it was a wet night and it's only 36 deg, which is below normal for this time of year in SW. At this point, I'll gladly fire up the Thermocell in trade for some warm weather...

4. Flight of the arrow

I just punted......drove 3 hours home from up north, when I’m in the deer stand I’m good with snow and cold, but it was kicking my butt. Told the wife sorry but I’ve had enough for a few days, time to chase a few local birds.....I have a 40 acre farm that has some birds around. Seemed every Tom was stuck on hens and I just couldn’t make any headway with them, today’s snow put me over the top, taking a few days off.
    Flight