Lexington/port sanilac

Discussion in 'Big Lake Cold Water Fishing Reports' started by onebad800, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Resinater

Resinater

7490CC09-6598-40F9-8115-EA59C92DDD78.jpeg We were out of sanilac Saturday aswell went one for two and brought home this 6 lb beauty. Hit a dipsey 30 back in 34 feet of water. Heard some radio chatter from one boat that hit 2 lakers and a steelhead in 25-38 fow. Then also heard another boat had one on and lost mobey dick in 90 feet and also boated one steel in 90. Also seen guy on break wall catch some type of silver fish.

2. wallyg

wallyg

Great shot!!!

3. The Terminator

The Terminator

Great! Will try similar depth in Lexington on Thursday

4. The Terminator

The Terminator

Btw, what’s the surface temperature at 35 ft? Thanks

5. Resinater

Resinater

Had 60.5 surface temp
    Will be looking forward to hearing how you do in true weekend warrior fashion will be chomping at the bit to get back there this weekend weather permitting

The Terminator likes this.
  6. The Terminator

The Terminator

Well, wasted another 5 hours trolling Lexington today. Launched at about 8, after a futile 30 minutes casting for the Atlantics swimming by my feet. Setup in 30 ft with rigger near bottom, Watermelon, 5 color, Mixed veggie and mag orange dipsy, 65 ft back, mixed veggie. Worked my way out to 55 ft. Nothing. Went back shallow, even to 20 ft with 3 color, and long lining a deep dive husky jerks (fire tiger) and black chrome- goose egg.
    Glad i went to Muskegon for river fishing on Tuesday, 23, 21 and 12 lb Kings. Probably selling my Lund Explorer to buy something bigger. Next year focus will be Lake Michigan

6667supersport likes this.
  7. ausable_steelhead

ausable_steelhead

Since you seemingly drove from the thumb all the way to the Muskegon to fish grubby kings, why not take a shot on Atlantic’s on the Au Sable? The drive can’t be any longer.

You are obviously super frustrated fishing Lexington for them. Face it, they’re not a harbor fish. The MO gets a crap salmon run, you may as well fish something worthwhile.

I have some days where Atlantic’s simply won’t bite for me, but once they’re in...I can almost always find a few biters. This weekend I could’ve hooked multiple a day, if it weren’t for stupid, over aggressive chinook. They ruined a bunch of chances for me. I’m anxiously awaiting their die-off! You need holding fish, not fish constantly on the move. The steadily moving fish on the AS also don’t bite for ****.

Troutking1 likes this.
  8. Slimits

Slimits

So what are you using for bait then?

9. salmon_slayer06

salmon_slayer06

I would think king spawn. center pin.

10. sslopok

sslopok

Anyone heading out of lexington in am? Launch is 2 minutes down the street so am thinking of launching there instead of port sani. Sslopok on 68. White pro line center console.

11. starcraft_1961

starcraft_1961

I think you guys are tryong in tight too early

12. sslopok

sslopok

I am not thinking of trying shallow yet. I wanted to go offshore today but trees were blowing hard this am when takin cover off in lexi, so decided to put cover back on and do other shiz

13. Raider_03

Raider_03

Are the docks still in at Port Sanilac?

14. tailgunner

tailgunner

As of Friday morning, Yes.

15. Raider_03

Raider_03

Thanks for the info!