Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Let's Talk Specks

400K views 3K replies 294 participants last post by  stickman1978 
#1 ·
Fellas ... Spring is about to show up. I hunt the allusive Crappie year around. There are places where guys are fishing open water and catching good fish now. What's your personal best Crappie ? What set up is your " go to " when Crappie fishing. Caught an 18 inch in 1989 ... no pictures ... it's true none the less. Always looking to improve and remain teachable when it comes to Crappie fishing. Biggest through the ice this year is 15 1/2 . ( posted in the Genn. County ice thread ) My best fish have come on minnows though I've slammed'em on tubes and twister styled baits as well. What's your best fish ? You favor plastics or meat ( minnows ... waxies ) Feel free to post pictures ... discuss strategies ... or just talk Slabb Crappies :) Looking forward to your posts. Tight Lines ! Cropido aka Ben Out ! :coolgleam

#102 ·
Those are some good sized " Eyes " for the pan. Bonus " Specks " to boot ! We have an awsome fishery in these Michigan waters. Love it when a plan comes together. Good job " fellas " Looks like " Matt " has been playing some good tag as well ! See you on the trail. Cropido AKA Ben Out !!!

#109 ·
:lol: ... I won't be asking in that case. You "da man " as always John. Stay on them while they're there. Good times ( funning times ) ahead. Off to chase that illusive 18 incher. Official memeber of the Genesee County Mob . Cropido aka Ben Out !!! :coolgleam

#110 ·
Went out walleye fishing with angry angler tonight and met cropido at the launch ended up getting CROPIDOED instead lol nice night on the water ended with 14 specs biggest being 14 inches and only one walleye plus a bonus catfish great night out the see ya next time ben we will have to get ya on the big water soooooooon

Sent from Da hood LOL

Attachments

#115 ·
Great Eve. on the water. Ended up with one 20in. Eye and one Speck. One shorty Eye put back. Smallmouth were on the attack. Put 3 17-18inchers back. Shout out to Brandon and John. Thanks for the tips with the Church Boards. You guys had the Specks dialed in. Ken and I appreciated the input. Gonna take you up on the " Big Water " soon. Was able to keep the skunk at bay ... :lol: Beautiful day. Tight Lines to you fellas always. See you on the trail . Cropido aka Ben Out !!! :coolgleam

#117 ·
Sooooo many of them " Scotty " it's tough to even dent them. The idea was trolling for " Eyes " Guess the Specks didn't get the memo. How did you do ? Was a beautiful evening anywho ! With all of the Shad as bait for them ... they just multiply like " Bay Bay's kids (grin) Tight Lines !!!

#119 ·
Crappies are fine by me. With last years slaughter of walleye out there ill be content with crappies for quite awhile.
Agreed Brandon ... I have no shortage of Walleye myself. It's always fun to get into some Teener Specks :) Sorta brings out the " Lil Guy " in me who started out fishing with a Bamboo Pole knee high to a grasshopper. STILL in persuit of that 18 inch Crappie. Tight Lines ... Cropido Out !!! :coolgleam

#120 ·
No giants but had a blast trolling 20 ft of water with Rapala ultra light shads behind Church TX-6 planers. Caught all but a few of them including the always welcome Walleye on the Clown color. Barry county lake evening bite...went back the next morning without the same results.

Sent from my DROID4 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

Attachments

#121 ·
No giants but had a blast trolling 20 ft of water with Rapala ultra light shads behind Church TX-6 planers. Caught all but a few of them including the always welcome Walleye on the Clown color. Barry county lake evening bite...went back the next morning without the same results.

Sent from my DROID4 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Can't beat that. Nice job and thanks for sharing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.