close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Late Goose Sightings

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by michiganoutdoorsman, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Martin Looker

Martin Looker

seems to be lots of them in the Edenville area.

2. adam bomb

adam bomb

A lot of good that does lol...Z2!!!

3. flocknocker1

flocknocker1

Most birds should be congregated in the open water in the river systems . Find open water,you should find some birds . That cold weather had them feeding very minimally .They seemed to have moved into a more predictable feeding pattern since the warm up though .Wait on the roost then follow them to their feeding field then hope nobody else is on it and beg for permission, lol !Good luck to you !

4. 28hotshot

28hotshot

Anybody seeing an increase of birds scouting today? Hoping the weather pulls some birds back in the area

5. deadduck365

deadduck365

Just went through fort Wayne. The Ohio and Indiana guys have been out in force just off the highway. Birds have been in any pond that has open water.

6. AaronJohn

AaronJohn

Saw some specks!!! SW Mi.

Most everything is on open water

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

7. 28hotshot

28hotshot

Hunted open water this morning. Seen a bunch of geese but not interested in this lake. There were a bunch in this same spot yesterday but none today

8. michiganoutdoorsman

michiganoutdoorsman

Saw flock after flock of super high geese headed north which is a good sign! Hunted a river and didn’t think we needed to get out there right at first light. Geese buzzing all over as we were walking out at 8:30. One even landed on the ice where we planned to setup. After that it was pretty much dead for action so we got the skunk. Could’ve shot a 4-6 man limit of mallards if not more today. Also saw a lot of buffies and goldeneye flying through. Beautiful day to be out, I just wish duck was open later. Seems like it’s like this every year after season lol.
    ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1517077637.702336.jpg

9. 28hotshot

28hotshot

About 10 minutes after I wrote this and had half the decoys picked up had 2 birds coming in. Ran back in the grass hit a couple calls and here they come. Feet down at 30 yards just the way we wanted them to. Even with a couple of full decoy bags in the spread. My buddy and I dumped the first one and he hit the 2nd one with his 3rd shot. It glided over got the other side of the lake dead on the ice. I guess of they want in there they will get in there. Just wish it wasn't so late in the day

gentpike99 likes this.
  10. spartansfan

spartansfan

Alright, who gave the geese the heads up. Everyday that has been sunny birds have been getting up no latter than 5. Today they naturally get up at 5:52. Had hundreds trying to get in while picking up. Lots of mallards before time...

11. mintgreenwalleyemachine

mintgreenwalleyemachine

We managed a few this weekend 12 on Saturday and 17 on Sunday. Birds were smart even know they had a break for a couple weeks. I hope we get some snow to help us out. [​IMG]

12. LoBrass

LoBrass Premium Member

Hunted Saturday.
    We saw some!! imagejpeg_0.jpg

Attached Files:

gentpike99 likes this.
  13. bombcast

bombcast

there were a bunch going both ways (north and south) down the Lk Michigan shoreline yesterday. Couple hundred in each direction.

Fall Flight Punisher likes this.
  14. cronkdre

cronkdre

Saturday ended up with 11 and another band. Had 5 groups set up within a mile of us including a group that set up across the street pass shooting at birds as they were setting up on our spread.
    ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1517248586.212868.jpg

Took half day off work with the weather this morning and shot our 3 man in quick order. Had birds landing in the field when we were picking up.
    ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1517248643.633495.jpg

15. spartansfan

spartansfan

Got a quick hunt in tonight behind the farm shop. Saw tons of birds. Oddly 60-70% were lessers, specks and snows. Had 1 group do it right of 80+ and managed a speck and a lesser. Completely satisfied.

michiganoutdoorsman likes this.