Late Goose Sightings

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by michiganoutdoorsman, Jan 22, 2018.

1. michiganoutdoorsman

michiganoutdoorsman

Has anyone seen any geese in the west/southwest Michigan area? Been dead around me for weeks since the deep freeze we had. A ton of mallards and even quite a few wood ducks around, but I haven’t even saw or heard geese flying through. I am hoping other people are at least having them fly by. Praying I see some reverse migration going on before the weekend.

2. John Singer

John Singer

I drove up through central Ohio yesterday. I saw several flights and flocks of geese.

If I saw geese at some location in Michigan, (and I may have), I would not discuss it on a public hunting forum if I wanted to hunt them this next weekend.

3. spartansfan

spartansfan

I'm a bit south of you, but I have been seeing a ton of geese. More so than usually. I did most my scouting last week as I'm traveling this week though. I have 6 or 7 big groups roosting in different areas on rivers. They've been flying 5 pm + with the nice weather last week. I imagine we should see more come north with the warm up and patterns will change a bit.

4. dankoustas

dankoustas

With the warm up this week we may see a bit of a reverse migration; some of the geese that went south with the bitter cold may come back.....

5. Michigan Muck Hunter

Michigan Muck Hunter

Prepare yourselves! They are all coming back to party!

Lamarsh likes this.
  6. AaronJohn

AaronJohn

Tons in galien this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

7. michiganoutdoorsman

michiganoutdoorsman

I know Ohio is loaded right now, almost went down there for a field a friend had that had 2k in it I guess.

I certainly wasn’t asking for exact locations on birds, so you can keep the geese that you “might have seen” in Michigan in your back pocket and go kill them if you want to lol. I’d never want to know exact locations on birds as that ruins it for others. I was just curious if anyone saw any buzzing through headed north maybe.

Thanks to everyone else! I hope everyone has a good late season opener and crushes them. I too may have had something good fall into my lap for the weekend but we will see.

8. John Singer

John Singer

That is exactly why I said that I saw birds yesterday in Ohio.

9. smelz like wet dog

smelz like wet dog

Seen a dozen on the ponds at the mall in midland.

10. spartansfan

spartansfan

I was out tonight checking a few fields and hear on off honk right overhead. Group of 100+ snows flying somewhat low....[​IMG]

11. SteelShot

SteelShot

I’ve seen a lot flying around the grand river south of Lansing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Sewey

Sewey

Took a trip to Cabelas in Grandville this weekend and saw a couple dozen in the air while traveling 96. I'll be out this weekend to see if anymore are around.

13. gentpike99

gentpike99

Plenty of geese in southern MI. The fields are going to be a muddy mess.

14. 28hotshot

28hotshot

Checked a local lake in mid Michigan that normally holds a lot of geese and I was pretty disappointed while scouting it last night. Only 20 or so geese there. Hopefully more show up

15. adam bomb

adam bomb

Scouted hard today in my neck of the woods . Found maybe 150 between 3 fields. All are in close proximity to each other. Now to get permission.

Lamarsh likes this.