Lansing deer and turkey expo.S.O.S

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by crossneyes, Feb 10, 2018.

1. crossneyes

crossneyes

I have not been to this in about 5 yrs. But from what I'm seeing sounds like the same old $***.as 5 yrs ago.

2. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

Probably just stuff about deer and turkeys again and deer and turkeys haven't changed all that much in 5 years. Wait a month and then take your wife to the Home & Garden Show.

L & O

3. SteelShot

SteelShot

I gave up on that show a long time ago. I went the last time it was at the summit and they didn’t have much. Way back in the day it used to be a good show with a bunch of places selling stuff. Last time I went there wasn’t much for sale and it was overpriced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. crossneyes

crossneyes

Bet that's the SOS 2. Lol

chemo13 and Liver and Onions like this.
  5. mattawanhunter

mattawanhunter

I wish these events could be held a place like Cabela's Dundee instead of a generic office building. Show season is just to get through another long boring winter of cabin fever, high priced exotic hunts, new gadgets no body needs but....

The white tail displays and some of the seminars are really good. We haven't been in years, if it was closer I'd go.

If you've never seen Byron Ferguson trick shoot with a bow that alone is worth it!

Also I'd like to buy a new bow, it would nice to handle a few because it takes me forever to make up my mind!

6. LabtechLewis

LabtechLewis

Can anyone explain what the motivation to purchase online tickets in advance would be when they cost MORE? Am I missing something?

7. hunterrep

hunterrep

Havent been to one in years simply because the last time I went, probably 5 years ago, I remember wondering why I wasted money and time going as it was very uneventful.

mattawanhunter and crossneyes like this.
  8. imjon

imjon Banned

I ran into the guy putting on the show at the Summit. Told him the extraneous crap had made me doubt about coming back. That was the year he cut almost all that junk out. I liked the Summit for the parking.
    Pretty much the only reason I go is because I get in free. But I've gone to a million of these things and they do lose interest the older one gets.

9. imjon

imjon Banned

Decent enough show. Seemed to be a lot of food plot offerings, not too much junk at the show.
    I do wish they'd go back to the summit though.

10. sniper

sniper

Sounds like the Expo folks hadn't got the memo on the banning of food plots yet...lol

11. imjon

imjon Banned

What can I say, I get in free and my buddy paid for the parking.

sniper likes this.
  12. QDMAMAN

QDMAMAN Premium Member

Had some excitement at closing time when one of the vendors tried leaving before 4:00! LPD was called after some lively back and forth! :eek::lol::lol:

13. thetreestandguy

thetreestandguy

You got to be kidding Tony. A vendor trying to move out before it officially ends? Unheard of!!

14. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

Is it just an unwritten agreement that all vendors will stay until the end or is it in the contract ?

L & O

15. QDMAMAN

QDMAMAN Premium Member

Packing up is accepted and expected to a certain degree. Rolling your stuff down the alley is "frowned" upon apparently!