close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lake Macatawa

Discussion in 'Warm Water Fishing Inland LP Lakes' started by J&TGS, Aug 31, 2017.

1. J&TGS

J&TGS

Has anyone had any luck catching walleye trolling or jigging Lake Macatawa?

slowpaya likes this.
  2. Joelryder16

Joelryder16

Ventured out not long ago diligently searching for eyes and trolling, caught endless sheephead, and one good sized crappie. The walleye sure are picky where they spend their time in Lake Mac but I don't think they will compete too much with endless catfish and sheephead which are incredibly plentious. If anything i believe near the docks and weeds on the west side during the day is where you might have luck. I haven't been able to fish it at night but would like to. I may be moving near the Holland area soon and I wish the great fish habitat there would yield more eyes.

slowpaya and J&TGS like this.

3. J&TGS

J&TGS

Thanks for the response!

slowpaya likes this.
  4. WallyWorld

WallyWorld

Just talked with my cousin yesterday, and he said he got a few limits out of there this year. I live in Muskegon so I have no reason to fish there myself so I don't really bother asking him spots, but I do know he's trolled crawler harnesses for the most part.

slowpaya likes this.
  5. crossneyes

crossneyes

This time of year West end of lake all the way out to end of piers can be good. Use 3/4 to 1oz jigging spoons.

slowpaya likes this.
  6. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

Don't get many in there, but we've gotten some nice ones.

IMG_1868a.jpg

7. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

Labor Day 2009. Caught this, a 9# walleye, 2 kings, and a small mouth as well as a few sheep - you never know what Mac will throw at you. The DNR has a five year planting plan for muskies in Mac that they are half way through, so we should be seeing more of these. 41" / 19#.

9-6-09 004.jpg

8. Joelryder16

Joelryder16

Wow great post guys! Would love to see lake Mac become a better walleye fishery! Nice pics!

slowpaya likes this.
  9. slowpaya

slowpaya Premium Member

:Welcome:to mich sprtsmn JnT welcome:Welcome:

10. slowpaya

slowpaya Premium Member

welcome to mich sprtsmn:Welcome:joel :Welcome:

11. wilsonm

wilsonm

We here of pretty decent reports in Lake Mac for walleye from some anglers. Not sure of locations or techniques, but I'm not surprised they can be finicky. The amount of forage fish in that lake is incredible. The walleyes and musky have a endless buffet.

12. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

IMAG4301.jpg These came from Mac this year. After one here and there it was sweet to finally get on them. Caught the 19" setting lines then the four six pounders in the last hour then had to leave a hot bite as I promised my girls ice cream if they came with. At $23 a pound for fillets at Bortel's, this was a $300 cooler.

wilsonm and thill like this.
  13. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

IMAG4287.jpg This came from 30' of water just off the piers on another day this summer. Walleye hit a mag spoon on a two color lead core at 11am in the dirty river water. My nephew limited on steel from the pier that morning as we trolled right past his bobbers, we never hooked a steel, he never hooked anything else.

wilsonm, Scout 2 and thill like this.
  14. Scout 2

Scout 2

One year my son and I went and took he neighbor kid with us. We set the lines just out of the pier heads and before I got the second one down one went off. Jesse could not get the pole out of the holder as the fish was running so hard. I got it out and handed it to him. That poor kid got whipped all over the boat from that fish laughing all the time. Then the fish started jumping and I was afraid we were going to lose it. Finally it got to the boat and I netted it a very large steel head. Jessie was on cloud nine as this was the first time he ever went fishing and it was his first fish

wilsonm likes this.
  15. wilsonm

wilsonm

Those are great pics. For us at Plainwell and the guys who help us from the White Lake Walleye Club, your success is great to see. Funny to think that we stocked those fish several years ago and they were barely a inch long.