Lake Gogebic

Discussion in 'Warm Water Fishing Inland UP Lakes' started by RUTTIN HARD, Jun 18, 2020.

Tags:
  1. johnIV

johnIV

That's crazy. I've thrown Bass baits for years in Gogebic with a fishing buddy and never once caught a Largemouth. I've caught Smallmouth, Crappies, Walleye and Perch and Pike on bass baits but no Largemouth. Next spring I'm headed to shoreline weeds and pads and gonna try to catch a Largemouth.

2. Zib

Zib

The past 2 years my son & I have slayed the largemouth on the south end. No giants but plenty of action. Spinner baits & soft plastic swimbaits rigged on jig heads put the most bass in the boat for us.

3. johnIV

johnIV

That's exactly where I'll be headed. We have a place just south of the Gogebic lodge. Next to Nine Pines. Lots of perch and panfish at the south end. Never fished for Largemouth. Only Smallmouth. I'd have thought I'd gotten bit by a Largemouth in all the years throwing baits for Smallmouth.

4. Zib

Zib

My son & I stayed at Nine Pines on this years trip due to the Governor closing the state park to camping during the time we were up there.

Good luck on the largemouth! I wish they were a little bigger in Gogebic but we did manage to find a small lake up there that has some respectable size LM.

20200615_095529 (2).jpg

Drake likes this.
  5. johnIV

johnIV

That's a beauty. There are some other local lakes that have largemouth, I just didn't know Gogebic was one of them. Guess I'm not done learning.

6. johnIV

johnIV

Barry will put his Lodgers on fish. One good thing about staying there is the cost of lodging includes good advice and info on finding whatever you are fishing for.

7. Healyhardwood

Healyhardwood

Thanks for the updates. Hopefully we will be fishing starting Sunday morning. I'll post any updates I can when I have them.

8. Healyhardwood

Healyhardwood

Didn't get up here until Monday night. Caught a nice crappie on a bare hook while hanging over the side of the boat in 14 ft of water. Then a walleye just a bit shy of keeping on a slip bobbered leech. Tuesday I never caught a fish. My dad caught 3 walleye in 35 ft vertical jigging with a leech. We had a tough go this morning with ripping winds. I caught 3 smallmouth inadvertently on slip bobber and leech. Tonight was a different story. We caught 6 walleye on leeches and jig with the terrova on spotlock in 28 feet. My dad had 2 throwbacks and I had 1. I managed one just shy of 14. Then a 20 and 25 in her just before a thunderstorm pushed us off. Gonna be back at it early hopefully on a pattern we can capitalize from here on out. Staying until the 1st. Tim and Sarah are great here at Timbers Resort. As well as Andrew. Great place to come fish. Hopefully more updates to follow!

Attached Files:

wpmisport, kisherfisher and Drake like this.
  9. Healyhardwood

Healyhardwood

Attached Files:

Drake likes this.
  10. KJW1992

KJW1992

Are there still leeches available at any bait shops up there? I'm headed up with a group next week and we're having a hard time finding where we can get some.

11. Healyhardwood

Healyhardwood

Timbers has some currently. I got 3 pounds via UPS. I don't believe there will be any then. Right now we're hammering the walleye on em. Got 2 in the box and about 25 throwbacks.

12. KJW1992

KJW1992

Ever try the Gulp leeches? I have a can of those I haven't tried, figured I'd bring them along. My brother was able to find about 8 dozen leeches downstate but I figure 7 guys fishing for 3 days may burn through them.

13. Healyhardwood

Healyhardwood

I've done well on them on the Detroit river and Saginaw river. I think live ones are huge right now here. We've caught 40 walleye, a 20 inch smallmouth and a fat 23 inch pike on em this morning so far. 8 boats around us. We're the only ones with keeper walleye as far as I know

kisherfisher likes this.
  14. johnIV

johnIV

They work great

15. Old Whaler

Old Whaler

27 eyes and only two keepers? Somethings wrong.
    Do you know that your five fish limit there can include two between 13-15?