Lake Erie net coordinates

Discussion in 'Detroit River and Lake Erie' started by Shoeman, Dec 11, 2019.

1. kisherfisher

kisherfisher

Suppose to be carp, silver bass, other rough fish. Been around them all spring and have never seen anyone tend to them . But , according to the DNR , they are legal .

gatorman841 likes this.
  2. FishManDan

FishManDan

Fyi today May 16th there are nets on the area between stoney point and north to point Au Peau. For those whom don't know that is point south of Fermi. Right in front of the Onion is one (Frenchtown water tower) I believe these are the survey nets of the DNR. Seen them there in previous years. They are well marked with orange markers . 20200516_101937.jpg

kisherfisher likes this.

3. jakeo

jakeo

I am not a expert but Friday May 15 about 9am, I saw a boat coming towards me in front of TBM from the Raisin river area. I was trolling from Bolles heading towards Turtle Island area and was the only boat I had seen until I heard the boat, It was the netters heading towards the Luna pier area. They came close enough for me to see boat was empty so it's possible they could have been out early setting nets.
    No I didn't acknowledge them.

kisherfisher likes this.
  4. jakeo

jakeo

June 12,2020

Was running between from Bolles area towards Turtle Island and Woodtick Peninsula in 12-14' of water today and wife noticed a orange flag towards shore. We were fishing earlier and went for a ride when she noticed this flag. I stopped, looked for other flags and noticed 2 others comming further from shore BUT NO markings in between them. I radioed Toledo CG but got Detroit, they asked for my name and info, gave approx GPS settings and then asked if I could go read the flags for a name.....NO WAY!
    Instead of that I gave my cellphone number over the air and told them I was not taking a chance by running near them. Yes I was Peed off and asked for a call when they found out any info........no call yet.
    The flags are in the area we used to swim in as kids and I know the area but am notifying anyone heading towards the Toledo area, Ottawa River or along the shore where Consumers was torn down....BE CAREFUL.
    I'm curious to see if I get a call and why Toledo couldn't respond as their station is ONLY 2 miles from there.
    TO MAKE LOCATION SIMPLE............ABOUT 1 MILE SOUTH OF OLD CONSUMERS POWER

DoubleJay likes this.