close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Kayak light?

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by Rajah, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Rajah

Rajah

Anyone ever mount a light on the front of their kayak? If so, what did you use and were you happy with the result? I found these online:
    http://www.yaklights.com/products
    But I was hoping to not have to spend that much just for a light on a kayak but these are pretty nice.
    Anyone got other ideas?

2. John Singer

John Singer

I am not a kayak guy. I do use a canoe at times. When I do, I use a head lamp.

3. Wolverine423

Wolverine423

My son & I been using a kayak for 3yrs at different times of season - We have found it best for the both of us to buy a very good quality headlamp.

4. Aaronjeep2

Aaronjeep2

Head lamp and if you see a boat they cant see you shine your head lamp at them.

5. Pasquan

Pasquan

I use a head lamp too and keep a bright flashlight in my wader pouch too just in case

6. Rajah

Rajah

Alright, headlamp it is! I'd like to try to get out on my kayak for duck hunting this year and am just trying to get things ready. I have a couple head lamps for field hunting but feel they might not be satisfactory while on the water. What do u use?

7. charcoal300zxtt

charcoal300zxtt

A buddy i hunt with has one of these and the thing is stupid bright.

8. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

Led head lamp for forward looking and a three cell mag lite in the rod holder behind me to keep from bring run over by the guys without lights at all doing 20 in the canals, which are supposed to be no wake...

I don't need the lights to see, but rather be seen.

Aaronjeep2 likes this.
  9. Aaronjeep2

Aaronjeep2

I use a 200 lumen head lamp in the boat and kyak and it works out good. bought it at Walmart has flood and spot more than enough light for me no need to light the lake up for every one else.

10. chuckinduck

chuckinduck

I have one mounted on the front of my kayak and wired to a toggle. Works great. But I use it primarily for navigating rivers in the dark. Headlamps work too but bugs swarm headlamps. So this keeps them at the bow at least. In the fall the issue may be minimal though.

11. UplandnWaterfowl

UplandnWaterfowl Premium Member

12. saddie1990

saddie1990

i recently sold my kayak but i went and bought a battery operated light from walmarts boat section is workd great and was on a pole so it got it up a little higher than me which was nice. they also had a light for the front with green and red that was battery operated i was considering before i sold it.

Aaronjeep2 likes this.
  13. Wolverine423

Wolverine423

LED Lenser XEO 19r - little pricy but you won't buy twice. These headlamps really gets out there. A lot of adjustments for light control

14. lefty421

lefty421

What emitter do those use? I didn't see any kind of specs posted on the lights. What exactly makes them worth $130+?