Kalamazoo Area Ice Conditions

Discussion in 'Icefishing LP inland lakes and rivers' started by Walleye_Slayer, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Was gone for the weekend fishing Mille Lacs. Anyone have any info on Sugarloaf? Hogset? Is the ice gone?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

2. Julez81

Julez81 Winter Plugger

I was fishing the river thru the weekend so I dont know. Has anyone been out on Limekiln yet this season? If so how much ice WAS there? I am gonna go for a drive and see if theres open water in some spots. I'll post if I find anything out.

3. Kingor3

Kingor3

Last I checked hogset had open water but guys were fishing from the state land ramp....I live right by Indian and haven't seen guys in the channel for a week but this cold snap has gotta be gettin the ice close....I'll def report back it's time to fish without driving up north come on ice building!

4. I know Portage Lake south of Vicksburg where Kline's Resort is was wide open as of yesterday as I was down there to visit my mom. The marina still has some soft ice though... the marina should be fishable there soon I would think with these temperatures. I drove down Portage road and I believe Austin had ice... but have no idea how good it was. Gourdneck was WIDE OPEN... and West Lake had ice... but again... not sure how good it was. Not sure on Hogset.

5. Kingor3

Kingor3

No good on Hogset...saw guys creepin on the Indian lake bay...looked sketch tho

6. Awesome reports guys thank you very much. Hopefully this cold snap makes some hard water in a hurry. I mean it is the middle of Jan. Be safe out there. No fish is worth a chance of a dirt nap!!!

7. Still-skunked

Still-skunked

Any reports for the Van Buren Kalamazoo area?