close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Jordan Lake (Lake Odessa)?

Discussion in 'Warm Water Fishing Inland LP Lakes' started by Go Lions!!!!, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Go Lions!!!!

Go Lions!!!!

I've heard this was a decent bass lake, but have never fished it. I'm thinking about giving it a shot Sunday morning. I've also heard that is receives quite a bit of pressure from local tournaments??? It's about a 45 minute drive for me and I do have other options. Can anyone try to convince me to or not to??? If anyone knows of a tournament that may be going on there Sunday...that would be great to know. Thanks!

2. crossneyes

crossneyes

There was a small tourny last Sunday. Jordan has a decent bass population, but not any better than most southern Michigan lakes.

Go Lions!!!! likes this.

3. Fishsmith85

Fishsmith85

There's some nice fish in there. In the few trips I've made there this year I've pulled a couple of nice bass 16-20" and one pencil thin 38" pike. What direction would you be coming from?

4. blaketrout2214

blaketrout2214

I live very close to Jordan. It really does receive a lot of pressure from local tournaments, normally 1 or 2 a week. On the rare occasions I do bass fish, working the docks is your best bet. The east side of the lake is very weedy right now, so take that as you like. It has one of the better bass populations in Ionia County in my opinion. The tournaments are normally on weekday evenings, so I doubt that there will be one Sunday morning

Go Lions!!!! likes this.
  5. Go Lions!!!!

Go Lions!!!!

I'm coming from the Byron Center/Dorr area and meeting a friend from GR over there. There are several small lakes in Allegan/Barry County that I fish often and do okay on, but just looking for some new scenery. I didn't want to drive too far because I want to be in front of the tv for my Lions at 1pm. Probably fish from day light till noon and looking to enjoy a beautiful fall morning and hopefully get a few bites. Thanks!

6. Go Lions!!!!

Go Lions!!!!

Thanks for the reply. I actually found a link through the DNR where it lists all of the registered bass tournaments. Thought that was pretty cool. Yup...Jordan gets hit pretty hard throughout the summer. Looks like they had a few tournies recently and a couple more coming up, but nothing this weekend (registered anyway). I'm not anti tournament at all...but with all the choices of lakes in our great state, why not avoid them if possible...especially on smaller lakes. I'm sure they are a bit lure shy in there, but I hear good things and maybe these cold nights and lower water temps will turn them on a bit. I think we'll give it a shot.

GO LIONS!!!!