Jackson and irish hills ice fishing reports

Discussion in 'Icefishing LP inland lakes and rivers' started by jacktownhooker, Jan 5, 2015.

1. rkc118

rkc118

fished four mile near chelsea the other day. had the place to myself except for 2 other folks that came and left in less than an hour, not sure what to make of that. 6-8" of ice in the center basin, big pressure crack on the way out. DNR came to check me, 2 very nice gentlemen. had a pike and a few large bluegills, didn't catch anything after they left, not sure how to explain that. depth finder batteries were dead, but i think i was in 8-12 fow. thank you to whoever left their leftover dead minnows on the ice, i caught the pike with one on a tip up.

2. aacosta

aacosta

Fished today tried hard for pike with no luck, 2 good fish, lots of dinks

Attached Files:

3. Spacepuppy

Spacepuppy

Just walked outside with the dog and and there is no way I am not going fishing.....no way lol

Sent from my SM-G892U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

T Brown likes this.
  4. Raylaser

Raylaser

OK Space, what gives? If you say you're not going fishing something catastrophic must be happening. Can't imagine ice melt is an issue with this cold snap in place.

Spacepuppy likes this.
  5. aacosta

aacosta

Hes waiting on warmer tshirt ice fishing

Spacepuppy likes this.
  6. Raylaser

Raylaser

LOL! I knew something was off kilter here. Now it all makes sense! :D

7. iawmmbones

iawmmbones

Anybody ever ice fish Michigan Center Lake? My old SE Michigan fishing guide says the pike numbers are good there. Ice fished Grass Lake a couple times but only caught big bass

8. birdshooter

birdshooter

I personally would not waist time on center lake , a lot better lakes to go after pike around here .

iawmmbones likes this.
  9. Spacepuppy

Spacepuppy

I really wasn't planning on keeping anything more this year but my wife asked for one more fresh fish dinner so I obliged :). I would have thrown that big 1 back but it took me 10 minutes to Get The hook out of its throat and it just would not swim back down the hole 20190308_105440.jpg 20190308_110200.jpg 20190308_110150.jpg

10. Raylaser

Raylaser

As always Space - You da Man!! If I ever run into you I'm going to plant a GPS tracking device on you and find out where all these wonderful places are that you fish, LOL!! :eek::rolleyes:

Congrats man, nice haul! Going to try to make it one last time before the ice gives way. Hopefully it holds until next Friday which is the next day I can get away from work, home etc.

Spacepuppy likes this.
  11. Spacepuppy

Spacepuppy

The highlights, 18fow was key, everything bit on purple or pink Mackie (sp?) Plastics on a big tungsten jigs colored to match. Sometimes tipped with a single maggot but not necessary it was more about getting the fish to attack the lure with constant aggressive jigging , the fish suspended 8-10 ft deep were more aggressive than the ones on the bottom but they bit too. 20190308_141800.jpg 20190308_143505.jpg 20190308_144439.jpg

12. MISTURN3

MISTURN3

You know its a good gill when its bigger than most of the other species caught......way to stay on em SP

Spacepuppy likes this.
  13. Spacepuppy

Spacepuppy

There really needs to be a laughing emoji option instead of a thumbs up lol
    And I really did try to put that red ear back, watching it do circles in the hole but then it quit so I put it on the keep pile.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    MISTURN3 likes this.
  14. Raylaser

Raylaser

Again, nice haul there brother! Itchy to get on it next Friday. You guys in Michigan turn your air conditioners on and keep your windows open to help keep the air temps down until I get up there. LOL!:p

jacktownhooker and Spacepuppy like this.
  15. Hookslinger

Hookslinger

How much longer you guys think the ice will hold up after this coming weeks forcast? This might be the last weekend? By next saturday/sunday the ice might be wrecked! Noooooo!