Jace first walleye

Discussion in 'Michigan Youngsters in the Out-Of-Doors' started by Robert Holmes, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Robert Holmes

Robert Holmes

I have been getting the two grand kids out fishing a couple of times a week . Finally on his second trip the three year old got a walleye. Not big 16 inches but it was big for him.

Attached Files:

2. cstroh

cstroh

Way to go grandpa! bringing them up right!

3. Gamechanger

Gamechanger Premium Member

Kudos to your grandson on his first walleye.

And an even bigger pat on the back to you for being able to keep him clean and dry for the photo shoot. :)

On my nephew and I's first fishing trip way back when, he was soaked and muddy within minutes, and loving every minute of it. Checking the underside of rocks and casing crayfish were way more fun to him than fishing.

He couldn't wait to get home to show his Mom the pocketfuls of fresh water mussel and snail shells that he collected for her. :D

cstroh likes this.
  4. Robert Holmes

Robert Holmes

After the picture both of them were wet. He has caught another walleye since then. They love to play with the leeches and crawlers.

Trout King likes this.
  5. Trout King

Trout King

Very nice Robert! They are lucky to have a grandpa like you.

6. Robert Holmes

Robert Holmes

In a couple of years there will be a third tag along to teach. Kiera gets to go salmon and steelhead fishing this fall. I hope to get her into a smaller fish to fight if not she will have to tackle a big one but she will get one.

7. HuronBrowns

HuronBrowns