It's getting closer

Discussion in 'Icefishing LP inland lakes and rivers' started by Martin Looker, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Sean murray

Sean murray

I
    I said maybe

2. Lund Explorer

Lund Explorer

Keep all the old stuff, buy a bunch of the new stuff, and then add one more thing.

Grab a few plain #12 Aberdeen Hooks (both gold and brass). When nothing else works, go to the tiny plain hook with a very small wax worm, mousie, or spike.

Gillgitter likes this.

3. Martin Looker

Martin Looker

Next fall when the acorns fall gather up a pail full of them. Put about 2 inches of sand in the bottom of the pail then fill it with the acorns. About this time throw the acorns out for the squirrels then sifted through the sand and collect the grubs that crawled out of the acorns. Cheap bait and they work for gills when they are being fussy.

RLWagner and Lund Explorer like this.
  4. Lund Explorer

Lund Explorer

Remember when there was corn that wasn't resistant to grubs? Corn bores where about the best baits you could find.

5. Martin Looker

Martin Looker

Yup, went out and collected them also

6. Martin Looker

Martin Looker

Forgot to add the grubs in the golden rods.

7. Sean murray

Sean murray

Can you do it after a frost if you bring them inside?

8. Martin Looker

Martin Looker

I don't know. They chew their way out of the acorn and bury in the ground for the winter then hatch into a little bug and it starts all over again.

9. Worm Dunker

Worm Dunker

I due the same thing. Went to basement to get stuff around and found to wicked combos I don't even remember when or where I got them. After watching all these videos have no idea what line to use. I due believe I will stop using 2lb
    to hard to tie with my eye sight and arthritis fingers

10. bigbuckmiddaugh

bigbuckmiddaugh

Hopefully this year when it gets cold it stays cold. No rollercoaster lol last year I was thinking before thanksgiving HA! Lol

11. Adamwesley

Adamwesley

I’m getting awfully antsy for ice! Just finished up this rod this week and now the itch for ice is getting bad! The crappie don’t stand a chance.

Adjustments.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

Gillgitter and wyandot like this.
  12. wyandot

wyandot

What blank is that? Been thi king about building another noodle and I like that hi-viz green.

Adamwesley likes this.
  13. Adamwesley

Adamwesley

V-line gnarly noodle. I know Eric is out of the green for at least 6-8 weeks right now though. (Thanks a lot covid) I actually got the last two he had in stock. Basskhang has the neon green power noodle in stock. I actually ordered a couple yesterday.

14. Debs jigger

Debs jigger Premium Member

if I decided to put one together myself can you give me a rough idea of how much it would cost me?

15. Adamwesley

Adamwesley

Do you have all the equipment to build? If you do, then the cost is minimal. $30-$80 depending on what guides you’re looking for. Recoil guides are outrageous but very nice. If you don’t have any of the equipment (hand wrapper or power wrapper, stands, rod dryer, thread, finish epoxy, handle epoxy and other odds and ends I’m sure I’m forgetting) you’re looking at $500-$1000 to get started with a nice setup.