close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

is anyone going to Wheatley/Erieau Sunday

Discussion in 'Detroit River and Lake Erie' started by fsamie1, Aug 12, 2017.

1. fsamie1

fsamie1 Premium Member

Planning to go Erieau tomorrow just for a change of scenery. It is going to be a nice calm day. who else is going? Good thing launch ramp line will be much shorter since it has slowed down based on reports. I like it when hot fishing fishermen are not there. They just wait for a few days in a row for sure thing catching and show up and mess it all up.:)

readytofish likes this.
  2. salmonslammer

salmonslammer

Good Luck! Heading there Tue and Wed.

Saw the marina reported guys were getting em out by the horseshoe.. Dont have any first hand intell for ya though.

3. iFishy

iFishy Premium Member

I completely agree, I certainly take advantage of the hot times, but I also enjoy the hunt as well..

4. Sharkbait11

Sharkbait11

hunting today...1/1...tried east then west shallow and deep cant seem to get em to go

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

salmonslammer likes this.
  5. readytofish

readytofish

I will be there nice and early, I believe a lot of the fish have moved, with all of the walleye that were around they probably did a number on the bait fish.Just my feeling (I thought that was going to happen).PM me if you want to keep in touch with text otherwise on 68. I would go into the tackle store and get there 2 cents on where the best spot is. It will be a great day and the fish are biting (we hope). Oh by the way I like that sure thing too.

6. marty59

marty59

I am going to fight the crowd (or just enjoy it) at Wheatley. Good luck at erieau!

7. fsamie1

fsamie1 Premium Member

Erieau or Wheatley? Keep moving, I am sure they are there, matter of finding them. people catching do not talk on radio except MS guys, we like a crowd.:)

8. taizer

taizer

remember there is always people on any given day that will slam them somewhere.

Few years ago it was me, everyone at ramp with 0 and all reports said fishing was crappy. But we were slamming them in the middle of nowhere that day late august maybe September forget what month it was

seems like sometimes you go in the middle of nowhere and start hammering them

9. mikecatt13

mikecatt13

We are going out of Wheatley tomorrow. Absolutely clueless on where we will be starting/fishing but we will be out there and on channel 68...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

10. Divers Down

Divers Down

Launch at Wheatley and head east until you hit Erieau. You'll find em there. ;)

Kennybks likes this.
  11. Cat Power

Cat Power

Tough for us today at Wheatley

Zero bows

7 walleye

Tried everything and moved all over.

12. mikecatt13

mikecatt13

I'm not opposed to launching out of erieau if they're catching there, what's a 2 hour drive vs 90 minutes. Only fished steelhead once, just hoping to get back out to catch some fish...

13. fsamie1

fsamie1 Premium Member

shush, do you want to post our GPS coordinates now?:):)

Divers Down likes this.
  14. mikecatt13

mikecatt13

Well...from the reports it's look like we are gonna try erieau, so see you all out there that will be out that way. Don't even know where to launch lol so I guess we will be at erieau marina when they open at 8, get the report figure out where to drop the boat in and see what we can find

15. athenskid

athenskid

I always launch at Erieau early around 6 to 630, most of the times Im the first one there, but haven't been there yet this year. Usually there is no attendant there that early but just pay when you get back in. I usually go around the point to the east or head on a southwest direction for 5 miles and stop every 1/4 mile until I mark fish. Reports are around the point or 230 degrees about 5 miles out. Wish I could go but working tomorrow. May try wednesday if the weathers good. Best spoons I use at erieau religiously are jerry lee, double crush copper, copper boy girl, copper watermelon with seeds, monkey shine and magic man. Good luck!