Influenza down during Coronavirus Pandemic

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by oldforester, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Scout 2

Scout 2 Premium Member

I grow pot in my ditch all along the front of my property. I saw some today they have not harvested yet

2. Scout 2

Scout 2 Premium Member

You just do not know where to fish up here. But you have better walleye fishing down there

3. Lund Explorer

Lund Explorer

I missed their flight this year, but every other year for the last 5-6, I've watched them crisscross the big corn fields around here. Two years ago, they found a stash, but I'm not sure how much they gathered up. Then there are all the meth labs. I think Clare County ranks #1 for that.

4. eyepod

eyepod

5. CHASINEYES

CHASINEYES

A hot blonde told me a certain.....group.. of leaders tossed covid infected people back into old folks homes, our most vulnerable. Drove the numbers up a tad.

TK81 likes this.
  6. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mods

Whats the truth behind that? I never did investigate. Just heard the same old political angles

7. CHASINEYES

CHASINEYES

I really don't know, but I never hear anyone refute it.

8. sureshot006

I thought they weren't really forced to take them but weren't forced to keep them out. I dont know what the truth is.

9. CHASINEYES

CHASINEYES

Everytime I hear what allegedly took place I think lawsuits. I know the numbers in my county had a time of stagnation early on until it hit nursing homes in Lapeer. The numbers doubled quickly. Like within days.

sureshot006 likes this.
  10. LuckyBucks

LuckyBucks

I had heard up to 70,000 deaths. This #1 Google search result mentions it as well.

"Long-term care facilities represent less than 1% of the U.S. population, but they account for 42% of the COVID-19 deaths, with more than 70,000 fatalities reported by the COVID Tracking Project."
    https://www.modernhealthcare.com/po...ursing-home-deaths-four-democratic-led-states

11. sureshot006

Yea I meant in relation to executive order.

Anyway, probably getting too political. My bad

12. NbyNW

NbyNW

In regards to the 24% of all deaths, as stated elsewhere, 42% of all of the US deaths are traced to nursing homes. Many other developed countries don’t have this option. I have read that Japan and France don’t offer nursing homes, and several other comparable developed nations rely on at home care for their elders.
    Being that Americans are in general less healthy and we are likely artificially lengthening the lives of some of the most unhealthy among us, it might be plausible that putting these individuals into these centers really is the cause for the high numbers. The healthier and younger caretakers whom don’t show symptoms were bringing the virus into the center where it spread and attacked the least healthy of our population.
    If 4.3% is the important number, eliminating this 42% from nursing homes from the overall calculation gets the US to 14%. From there-it is easy to formulate a much smaller number if the overall deaths are overstated to include those who have Covid and died, but did not die because of Covid.

13. KJC

KJC

I may be on my way to banned camp.

I have been following the published data from the Michigan government agencies, as have Piketroller and others.

Here are my findings.
    Michigan consists of 83 counties.

A three county area (adjacent) accounts for 73% of the covid deaths. 4897 of the 6653 total. Wayne County by itself, 42%.
    Oakland 17%
    Macomb 14.5%

How are the other 80 counties faring?

Nursing homes and extended care facilities, after the sick were sent there, 34% of the total.

From the figures I was able to find. In 2018 the life expectancy in MI for a male was 75.5yrs. Female 80.3.

Covid-19 deaths by age range in MI.
    80+ 43%
    70-79 28%
    60-69 18%

I am in that 60-69 range. I am good with that. Nobody lives forever. I have already outlived my grandfathers. Maternal passed at 43, paternal at 64. Both of my grandmothers passed at 77.
    The most worrisome thing that bothers me, is what my children and grandchildren are going to have to deal with when I am gone. They are going to have to pay this for the rest of their lives.

Now for the banned part.
    Mods to the left of me, posters to the right.

14. wolf76

wolf76

The hospitals do get an extra 19% reimbursement if it's Covid related. Many hospitals ran in the "red" when they shut down the OR. There clearly is motivation to classify patients as "Covid patients".

And

There was a testing facility in Florida that reported 100% positive test results for a bit.

I'm not saying that all hospitals artificially classified patients as "Covid" or all testing facilities were wrong. A number of facilities did do the wrong thing though.

My final point: Covid is found in the environment And we have no way to eliminate it from the environment. By virtue of that, it's not a question of "if" you have exposure - it's only a question of "when" will you have exposure to the virus. The next 2 questions are "how will it affect me"? and "what treatments are available" - if needed.

No politician "saved lives" - unless the delay in Covid exposure provided enough time to develop some treatment or cures. Which really means the medical community "saved lives" and the politicians contributed a "small part".

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

15. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

I only fish for walleye, perch or catfish, there is nothing up that way for me.