Influenza down during Coronavirus Pandemic

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by oldforester, Sep 17, 2020.

1. brewster

brewster Premium Member

I would prefer 50 because, every state is different and more ideas on solving a problem are better than one.

You notice now you have Govs. like Cuomo saying he doesn't trust the FDA on the vaccine, how's that for leadership?

jimbo likes this.

2. Scadsobees

Scadsobees

Those founding fathers were the worst kinds of nuts. The idiots tried to keep one man (or woman) from having too much power. That stupid constitution thing is way outdated for 2020, that's for sure.

3. Lund Explorer

Lund Explorer

How is that for leadership? When you say you want 50 leaders, then you should be happy with it.

One virus, and fifty or maybe more completely different responses to it. IMHO, it would be far better to have one competent leader who relied on the professionals to come up with an answer to the problem, and then rally the people to follow.

I haven't seen a single person here that agrees with what every governor's response has been.

4. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

The solution, to the virus will be different in a state with few cesspools that one that is infested with them. There is no way what may be needed in NY, where we KNOW they did not do what they should have to contain it, is the same as what may be needed in ND or MN.

One thing for sure, the panic we have seen was not needed.

LuckyBucks and brewster like this.
  5. wolf76

wolf76

I'd actually argue that it needed to be every citizens decision on how to deal with the circumstances. We do this every day. What people should have received was accurate data and recommendations. Then, we decide how to live/react.
    Civil liberties and freedoms don't disappear in an emergency.
    The challenge is how to reconcile the folks who are going to isolate until there's a vaccine vs. those that aren't concerned about Covid and accept the risk/rewards from living a normal life.

Please note: I said isolate because the term quarantine can only be used when there's a known illness.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

6. Chessieman

Chessieman

St. Clair County 56 deaths so far, over half was from the nursing homes that somebody imported from the metro Detroit area. Justified saying they were our residence because they were in our hospitals for a week. I guess if I am up hunting for a week I become a residence of that county.

I see the two VA directors are being charged for man slaughter somewhere down south. They kept all the residence together,

sureshot006 likes this.
  7. Chessieman

Chessieman

Hey, if that one guy gets elected you are going to have to wear a mask 24 hours a day or it's the federal penitentiary! :hide:

Just kidding, relax!

I saw on the national news of a mask dispute for not wearing a mask at a drive through in one state which was mandated.

brewster likes this.
  8. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

There was a woman tazed, in the stands at a football game, for not wearing a mask

eucman likes this.
  9. CHASINEYES

CHASINEYES

They have created a class of crazed lunatic's. As for the football political rallies, uhumm, I mean games, just say no. Forget they ever existed and just quit giving them any attention. See them on tv, change the channel. See sports junkies reviewing games, change the channel. Remove their channels from subscriptions where possible.

wolf76 likes this.
  10. eucman

eucman

Not following the rules maybe? Was she asked to put it on but refused? Did she disobey an officer of the law?Is the school trying to keep some activities open and have to strictly enforce a rule or risk having activities shut down? As so many like to say ....
    Play stupid games win stupid prizes!

Josh R likes this.
  11. 6Speed

6Speed Premium Member

Danged moderators...

LuckyBucks and DecoySlayer like this.
  12. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mods

My son said "why is that person wearing a mask in her car? Thats silly."

6Speed likes this.
  13. 6Speed

6Speed Premium Member

From another post....people are crazy right now. Went for a hike yesterday and saw someone in the woods wearing a mask. I'll bet the squirrels are laughing at us... 12934.jpeg

sureshot006 likes this.
  14. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mods

Only logical reason I can come up with is the "dont touch your mask" is being taken seriously.