1. Fishing 24/7

Fishing 24/7

I see on the map that this is a fairly large lake but can't seem to find anyone talking about it. Is this a hidden gem that everyone just keeps to them self?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

2. DanaM

DanaM

Indian lake has good perch and walleye fishing, also has menominee. Its a shallow lake max depth 15 feet, it also has some dangerous spots due to springs and river mouths.

3. slowpoke

slowpoke Premium Member

What county is the Indian lake in that you are asking about?

4. TK81

TK81

Spent a week at the rustic campgound on the Indian Lake near Manistique about 10 years back. Figured we would hammer the perch and get some eyes. Think we spent about 3 days trying to figure out the fish with little luck. If memory serves me correctly we pulled one legal eye and couple smallies off the rockpile in the middle of the lake. Did score enough perch and gills for a fry one night, but overall very disappointing. Gentlemen that was campground host at the State Park told us the cormorants had killed the perch and walleye populations. Shallow lake...nowhere to hide. We ended up fishing brookies in the creek and drinking a few around the fire. Maybe the lake has rebounded, but we never went back.

5. DanaM

DanaM

Don't see many cormorants on the lake anymore DNR finally controlled them :) The lake has rebounded quite well, pike numbers still seem to be low but perch and walleye are numbers are good.

6. TK81

TK81

Thanks for the update. Beautiful lake and we thought the campground was a good location for a base camp. Maybe I will have to bring my kids up that way and give it another shot.

7. Fishing 24/7

Fishing 24/7

I'm not sure what County it's in I just know it was Manistique. We left on Friday morning and got stuck on the south side of the bridge. We finally got across the bridge just to be told that US two was shutdown. Group all the way around came down 77 and finally made Manistique turned out to be a 13 hour trip from grayling. Went out to fish the derby on Saturday the wind was blowing so bad it was ridiculous. Got to trucks stuck on the ice and had to dig them out. Finally made it out 100 yards punched one whole and we were instantly standing in 8 inches of water. Finally gave up on fishing and decided to drink. The winning perch size for the derby was 13 inches and they only had 4 Walleyes Place.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  8. MadMan7

MadMan7

My father lives on the lake. I take the wife and kids up there snowmobiling twice a season to visit him. I see an awful lot of shantys out there, so it can't be that poor of fishing.

He's interested in trying ice fishing this year, so when I go over to his place in mid Feb, I am going to take all my gear to give it a try.

Hidden Gem? Or locals have nothing better to do with their time? We shall see.

Will leave a report.

Drake likes this.
  9. kmonty

kmonty

I was out in late december on the north end by one of the duck blinds, limited out on walleye in an hour. Biggest was 26 and then rest were 16 - 20. We usually do great on the perch, just havnt had time this year specially with the weather.

10. Fishing 24/7

Fishing 24/7

Well, headed back up to Indian lake to give her another shot always seem to catch fish nothing monstrous however I'm also there to visit a good friend so either way it'll be fun. if any one has a good report and wouldn't mind sharing it I'm open ears.

11. Fishing 24/7

Fishing 24/7

Fished her today and it was slowwwww. Put a few perch on the ice just before dark and released one 14-3/4" walleye.

12. Fishing 24/7

Fishing 24/7

2018 31st annual indian lake ice Fishing derby pre warm up.

ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1517018062.890115.jpg ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1517018080.506678.jpg

zzcop302, PerchPatrol and Drake like this.
  13. wpmisport

wpmisport

I have tried it a couple of times but dd not dot well. Beautiful lake and you just may need to know were to go. Camped at the state park and also on state land, both are good. Very nice. Looks like a nice place to live if you can.

zzcop302 likes this.