In your experience, what gun shop offers the best trade in values?

Discussion in 'Firearm Identification/Value' started by sgc, Sep 6, 2015.

1. sgc

sgc

If you're happy with a trade-in value you received, what gun shop was it? thanks,

2. Copper15

Copper15

Believe it or not I think Cabela's is hard to beat. I sold them very slightly used Taurus PT1911 SS 45auto with Crimson Trace lazer grips and a couple of different Taurus grips. I didn't use it much at all and couldn't forsee using it. Plus I wanted a coyote rifle.
    They gave me about $200 more than anywhere around GR that I could find that buys handguns.
    The guy at Cabela's that I did the transaction with said they don't distinguish between brands much at all and value rate differences. They mainly look at the original value of guns and the condition of each gun as a flat rate.

3. sgc

sgc

Thanks.

4. boutdun

boutdun Premium Member

I took a S&W Bodyguard in that was shot once they looked at it for about 2 min and said $150,the gun had been purchased there a cpl months before,thank you Saginaw Cabelas

5. bronc72

bronc72

Williams has always given me what I expected for my firearms. I also spent 5 years buying and selling firearms for another dealer and have an idea of what to expect when selling to a dealer. I never sold anything to the company I worked for as that would in my mind be a conflict of interest.