Im done with Menards

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by Divers Down, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Lund Explorer

Lund Explorer

Don't you think the name Free-Dumb might not be better? :cool:

BTW - Lowes offers a 10% veterans discount.

Waif, MichiFishy and pescadero like this.
  2. FIJI

FIJI IZ Kamakawiwo'ole lives! Premium Member

stopped by the Lake Orion store yesterday (for an essential item!) Was met just inside the door by an armed security guard. Seems he was there to ensure that Gov Whitless' insane edicts were followed.
    You could buy a grill... but better not try to buy that lawn chair next to it !!

3. Skinner 2

Skinner 2

Went to Menards once and will never be back.

Again will ask here. What if a person cannot wear mask for medical reasons?

Divers Down likes this.
  4. RiverRanger

RiverRanger

5. PerchOnly

PerchOnly

I would recommend that person not go out in public.

6. Deer Slayer

Deer Slayer Premium Member

My wife is a quilter and made ours plus masks for the kids and grandkids. My sister told her that she could make masks and sell them making good money. She told her that she had no intention of getting rich and she was comfortable enough as we are but wanted to make them for relatives was all. I finally got out today and wore mine. A pain in the rear echelon as the dumb thing fogs up my glasses.

R.J.M. and eggfly like this.
  7. FivesFull

FivesFull

Menards was caught price gouging before things got really crazy now they have to be careful because they were warned about some other violation as well. I do construction and we need masks all the time and everywhere was out of them so we stopped there and it was $15 for 3 masks when we get them $10 for a box of 10 at depot. They got busted for gouging a few days later. Menards is awful they are the walmart of home improvement and I suggest nobody go there

eyetime and Divers Down like this.
  8. thumbgoodfisherman

thumbgoodfisherman

I don't have a bad thing to say about Menards I done a lot of business through out the years since they came to Bay City. I've returned things and never had an issue. Albeit I have not been there since the lockdown maybe things have changed. I hope not.

9. Gillgitter

Gillgitter

That's a good point, I hadn't thought about it that way. Or possibly taking it a step further. Grabbing them because they're free when you don't really need one.

U of M Fan, DirtySteve and Just Lucky like this.
  10. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mod

Yep. Never had an issue with Chinards myself. Just gotta know what you're getting. Rustoleum paint is rustoleum paint. But some of the off-brand stuff is junk. But heck if I can get free light bulbs and use the rebate toward a bag of chips, not a bad deal.

eggfly and thumbgoodfisherman like this.
  11. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mod

Oh and I have a bunch of "free" hand saws from menards. They work great for processing deer (just for separating hindquarters, head, neck, cutting legs off, scull cap).

eggfly likes this.
  12. thumbgoodfisherman

thumbgoodfisherman

I agree with you on tools and such. I buy a lot of lumber for forming material for my masonry business. Where else can you buy a bag of chips, a 2x8, a bottle of bloody mary mix, rv antifreeze, bag of candy, and cat food. I'm a one stop shopper. :)

13. Divers Down

Divers Down

Cheap masks are offering a very false sense of security. The Wuhan will blow through one quick as a fart through a lace thong. The same people wearing masks were just stickin boogs under their car seat enroute to fondle light bulbs at Nards.
    I’ll take a tube of sanitizer over a mask any day.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
    Tracker83, wolf76 and sureshot006 like this.
  14. RichP

RichP

Some retailers have suspended returns altogether for the time being (with the understanding that when they resume doing it your receipt will still be valid).

I need a few odds and ends that could easily be obtained at any big box. Knowing that mendards is requiring everyone to wear masks is great, I will probably go there now. (and yeah, as others have said, a buck for a mask right now is fantastic). Thanks for the tip.

15. Michael Wagner

Michael Wagner

Not at the Davison store, I`ve been looking for a new smoker it was all roped off, couldn`t even buy charcoal???

Divers Down likes this.