close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I'll start

Discussion in 'Air Guns' started by Steve, Sep 12, 2017.

1. junkman

junkman

You planning on some after hours hunting?:nono::lol:

petronius likes this.
  2. petronius

petronius

I want something quiet for shooting in my backyard in the city. I don't care if it is a little loud out in the woods.

3. junkman

junkman

Taking care of that rat problem?Years ago I had bought a Magnum research BFR in 45-70.When I was registering it the officer ask me "What the heck do you shoot with that thing"I told him I had a rat problem in the yard.You should have seen the look on his face until he realized I was pulling his leg.

Drake and petronius like this.
  4. petronius

petronius

Rat problem is taken care of. Neighbor has been keeping the dog outside. We gas bombed the hiding places and plugged holes with steel wool, etc.
    I need more range than my basement will give me.

5. FullQuiver

FullQuiver

Well that's a good question. I have to say that it is not as loud as a 22 lr but not as far from it as I liked. So I bought a TKO brake for it and now it's much quieter.. Almost "Hollywood quiet" as I like to say..

petronius likes this.
  6. imjon

imjon

Come to our club in Brighton. On McClements road off Old U.S. 23. Under contacts you'll see Tony Hundal, he's our president and a super great guy. Give him a call for a more thorough explanation of the program and airgun types for the winter indoor shooting program.

http://lcsa.info/index.php/activities/airgun-programs

hawgeye and petronius like this.
  7. michael marrs

michael marrs

I had no idea this was here. I did get a Benjamin titan NP last year, I still stink with a firearm, always have, but hope to thin out squirrels

8. shooter 50

shooter 50

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE IS A ANY MANUFACTURER THAT MAKES A SUPER QUIET AIR RIFLE THATS OUT THERE,I OWN A .177 RWS DANA AND IT HAS A PRETTY LOUD CRACK TO IT WHEN FIRED.I TOOK MUZZLE BRAKE OFF CAUSE IT IS QUITE BARREL HEAVY WHEN ON RIFLE.WOULD THE BRAKE HAVE SOMETHING TO DO THAT MAKES IT NOISY!

9. petronius

petronius

Put the break back on and shoot it. Compare the noise level with and without.

10. petronius

petronius

This is a new sub-forum. There's been a lot of interest in air guns lately.

11. cedarlkDJ

cedarlkDJ proud to be a....... Premium Member

That is a spring piston rifle. You are probably just hearing the ‘twang’ of the spring. Going with a gas piston/nitro piston rifle will eliminate the ‘twang’ but, not necessarily the sound decibel. Going with a CO2 or pneumatic gun will be the quietest. Also, any pellet gun that breaks the sound barrier (1125 fps) is going to make a sound.

Your RWS ranks right up there in this test…….http://www.straightshooters.com/decibel-ranking-of-airguns.html

Lots of info and air guns to explore here…… https://www.pyramydair.com/air-rifles

capper likes this.
  12. Woodsman27

Woodsman27

It's really nice to see this sub-forum get started. My first air rifle was a 760 pump master, which i still have, rust and all. I will list the rest.

Benjamin Titan .177
    Crosman Vantage .177
    Benjamin 392 .22
    Benji Discovery .22
    Benji Marauder .25
    Hatsan Bullboss .25

Waif likes this.
  13. Woodsman27

Woodsman27

I agree. The TKO is on my list of purchases for my Disco.

FullQuiver likes this.
  14. petronius

petronius

How do you like the Benjimin Marauder? I was thinking of getting a .25 cal.

15. Woodsman27

Woodsman27

I really like it. It is very accurate and quiet. It does have some cons. It is a heavy gun. I have the synthetic stock which is about a pound lighter than the wood stock. The synthetic stock is a bit flimsy though. And on both stocks the forend grip is a bit wide, slightly less wide on the synthetic stock. The .25 cal is also an air hog. Straight out of the box, mine gets 16 good shots before the velocity starts to noticeably drop. I'm not much of a tinkerer, but many people tune theirs to get better shot counts. There is a ton of modification info out there for this gun. Another comparable gun to the MRod is the Hatsan AT44. Below is a good article about these 2 rifles.

http://www.airgundepot.com/head-to-head-benjamin-marauder-vs-hatsan-at44s-10-qe-article.html