If You Only Had One Wish....

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by "Big Tuna", Oct 21, 2020.

1. Kristine1

Kristine1

I wish I could piss like I used to!! LOL!

2. NbyNW

NbyNW

This thread definitely has got a somber tone to it.

I'd like to spend more time hunting, fishing, enjoying the outdoors. So, I'd wish for 1.5 Million dollars. I figure with that amount at my age I'd be set to retire and live off 50k with the occasional bigger purchase. Its enough to live a very comfortable lifestyle within reason, but not enough so as to feed unneeded wants and greed.

I think 2020 and the additional license sales, traffic, and such in the outdoors is showing how important having the time, which more people now do have, to do what we all want to do is just as much a struggle these days.

3. Old lund

Old lund

My wish would be to have both my parents still here lost them both to cancer in my early 20s . I hear people complain about there aging parents and just think I wish I had your problems .

4. Tom (mich)

Tom (mich) Premium Member

I wish Michigan would ban all buck hunting for five years. Antlerless only. Can you imagine what our herd would look like in 2026?

5. "Big Tuna"

"Big Tuna"

This wish did come true for me this year. Having my nine year old grandson bow hunt with me with his great grandpa's recurve IMG_20201021_170937844_HDR.jpg bow.

6. drenalin

drenalin

Mine would be to spend at least 1 more minute with my best friend and yellow lab of 16 1/2 years. He passed away last month...

7. Biggbear

Biggbear

I would wish for deer camp to be the way it used to be. Back when my Grandfather was still there to hunt his spot on The Big Ridge. Back before his estate tore the family apart. Back when my Brother, my Dad, and I all shared the same camp. Back when the only time women were allowed in deer camp was Thanksgiving day, the Thanksgiving meal my Grandma left on the table before she headed for home was phenomenal. Back when a deer, or a few deer didn't come past, herds of deer came by (I never got to see that myself) but those were the tales from my Grandfather. Back when red plaid wool was the official uniform of deer camp. Back when the only Doe taken was a "camp" deer that had to be eaten before we left camp. When deer camp lasted from a few days before the 15th to get blinds and camp ready until Nov. 30th. Back before ozonics, scent proof clothes, pop-up blinds, and the butt out. Back when a bear could be killed on a deer tag (I took my first bear while sitting with my Grandpa, he had to tag it for me after I killed it, I was 12). Back when the local CO would stop to check licenses mid day on the 18th, have a cup of Irish coffee with my Grandpa, and fill us in on where the deer were hanging out. Back when my Dad let me have a swig of the bottle being passed around the campfire, as long as I swore never to tell Ma. Back before deer somehow got in the way of deer hunting.

I could go on but I think you get the drift. Although my list is long, it's all part of the same wish, to go back to how deer camp used to be. My wish is not born of melancholy, or sadness. Those memories of the past bring a smile to my face each and every time they creep into my consciousness these days.

8. BlackRhino

BlackRhino

Feel for ya brother.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

9. Aloeffler

Aloeffler

I would wish to be able to have been able to hunt with my Grandpa.

10. on a call

on a call

I wish for nothing...I have it all.

11. I just wish I had more time with my dad. He died when I was 7.

if I get two I wish that all my guys can be in camp again next year because one has covid this year and won’t be here

up520, jakeo, vsmorgantown and 3 others like this.
  12. Lets get that petition circulating! :)

Tom (mich) and "Big Tuna" like this.
  13. We would probably have a bunch of five and six year old deer running around with 3’ long spikes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Nostromo

Nostromo Premium Member

Actually, that one will do nicely. lol

November Sunrise likes this.
  15. jiggin is livin

jiggin is livin Premium Member

You know what, just for picking on me, I hope your orange cans are always warm and you miss every shot!