If you are a public land hunter in the LP...

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting Regulations, Proposals, and Law Debat' started by stillsteamin, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Goinpostal83

Goinpostal83

That is all he cares about. Like my neighbor that is mad because I called dnr on him for after hours shooting deer last year so has now as of last week Thursday shot 13 does. Only recovered 8 of them because they refuse to track them if they dont fall. Had one run onto my property which I promptly found. They drove off never even walking to where they were standing. Co came out and there was nothing he could do as they had tags and couldnt technically leave the property to find it. Since last Thursday I have heard 6 more shots and watched them retrieve one 2 nights ago amd one this morning. The only reason there is close to this many does around is construction in the consumers land down the road has them all pushed to one area. Our deer heard is done. I'm all for shooting does but they shoot anything that walks by untill they are out of tags. Unless it runs off then they just shoot another. Many hunters like this I'm sure. Can not let hunters decide what's smart to shoot.

TriggerDiscipline and jr28schalm like this.
  2. miruss

miruss

As many people that have bitched on this sight about letting people track deer i'm surprised this doesn't happen more often! Have you ever told them they could track deer on your property?

jiggin is livin and Scout 2 like this.

3. Goinpostal83

Goinpostal83

I have told the property owner they could yes. Just asked to be called so I knew or could help. They are just lazy though. Drive truck all the way to blind.

4. retired dundo

retired dundo

In a couple years he will be crying that there’s hardly in deers.Some people are just complete idiots

jr28schalm and Goinpostal83 like this.
  5. Goinpostal83

Goinpostal83

Lp
    Well this is a guy I busted shooting after dark with artificial light that of course wasnt followed up on for 5 days so he said she said he got away with it. And willingly admits to not following apr. Shoots every single deer they see. And it's a family operation. Makes me feel so great about the land I worked hard to get and try to improve.

6. sniper

sniper

Still playing this card eh? Everyone had good points until you wheeled in with this old bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  7. bowhunter426

bowhunter426

I would expect you and any other hunters to realize that shooting 50% of the deer you see is counterproductive to the goal of bettering the deer herd. The DNR puts regulations in place as limits. They are not forcing you to shoot a deer.

jr28schalm likes this.
  8. bowhunter426

bowhunter426

I almost feel for that. Glad I didn't as it is clear CWD isn't a concern of the state

9. Goinpostal83

Goinpostal83

Some things will never change.

Dish7 and sniper like this.
  10. swampbuck

swampbuck

Its the truth, why would Sportsmen protect the deer that present the greatest risk of spreading the disease.

And older bucks have the highest prevalance, increasing that isnt a great idea either.

The should make ALL tags generic deer tags statewide......For the health of the herd

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

11. sniper

sniper

Good luck with that guy! I still can’t believe how clueless you are after all this time.

Let’s eliminate all whitetail bucks from the MI deer herd so everyone wants to go out deer hunting!
    Smh

It would be like trying to ride a bike with no wheels!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

12. bowhunter426

bowhunter426

When all the deer are dead the DNR will celebrate being the first state to completely eradicate CWC

13. Goinpostal83

Goinpostal83

But allow baiting right? Since that is on your agenda even though it could be a spreading factor.

14. bowhunter426

bowhunter426

Button bucks are easier to shoot over bait. Why wait until they are a year old.

15. Thirty pointer

Thirty pointer Premium Member

Button buck on a stick over the campfire .

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app[/QUOTE]