close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ice storm

Discussion in 'Sound Off (MichiganForums.com)' started by dirk18, Apr 14, 2018.

1. John Dumbra

John Dumbra

FishMichv2 likes this.
  2. Lund Explorer

Lund Explorer

Is anyone getting ice this weekend?

Not that I'm complaining about two straight days of this pellet snow, but I'm getting tired of these weather people howling about the impending doom.

jiggin is livin likes this.

3. Thirty pointer

Thirty pointer

I was telling the wife a couple days ago i hope they are wrong this time like they usually are .Very little ice in NE Kent .

4. wannabapro

wannabapro

So far we dodged the horrible ice forecast for my area. About 3" of sugar fine sleet and no rain yet. Also the wind has been a fraction of what was forecasted.

5. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

I can remember ice skating to school many times when I was a kid. We didn't have nearly the number of days off for weather like they do today.

6. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

Let's see, church cancelled. About 1/2" of nasties. Still had to go in and break things open and set up 200 chairs and a pile of tables for a funeral tomorrow as well as spud / shovel / slat / pour hot water all over the side walks. Wife has to find a sitter for the youngest to cover that as my mom won't drive anywhere and dad's in Europe. Oldest daughter's orchestra concert postponed until Friday but she has driver's ed so now we have to find someone to swap range time with to account for that. Just drove into work, gave myself an hour and 20 minutes but it only took 40. If it freezes tonight I'll be good and thoroughly screwed as I left my wife the Jeep and took the Focus. With snows it's pretty good, but the back roads had 3-4" of slush on them with ruts.

And we lost power about midnight. Woke up at 4 am to the high water alarm going off, so I fetched the bilge pump and battery from the 14' and poured water into a Rubbermaid jug with the pump in it and the hose out the window and over the side walk for an hour to get most of it out of the crawl space. Repeated the same at about 9 am this morning, just stagger out of there and the power kicks on. Well played GLEnergy. Look out the window in the kitchen and there's two robins playing in the pond from the pump.

We have two poles down up the road but the wires didn't break. Not sure how they're going to patch that together.

7. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

If you have city water you can have a venturi back up system put in your sump.

8. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

Nope. I could put in a permanent battery back up but every thing down there is on blocks, so it's a nuisance more than any thing. The Rubbermaid bins we use for storage float around like drunken sailors and have to be dragged back into place when it pumps out.

Our one year old kitten in a cat's body was wading around in the water this morning and trilling at the top of his lungs. Idiot.

9. CHASINEYES

CHASINEYES

We are right at that freezing point. Ice built up for a while but now may be melting. Maple buds and limbs are still encased in ice.

10. 6Speed

6Speed Premium Member

Pure Michigan!

11. RMH

RMH Premium Member

Lapeer was freezing up when I left at 11am, drive home was clear sailing.

Been without power in Hazel Park since 5am. Ice is melting.

Generator running....all is good.

12. John Dumbra

John Dumbra

Here by Lewiston, we had rain, sleet, followed by 10-12'' snow, cleaned that, last night lost power, then today we have about 3'' of the fine slippery snow, maybe more tomorrow, lake here still have some ice, hoping to get out for walleye opener

13. Aaronjeep2

Aaronjeep2

IMG_1449.JPG IMG_1448.JPG Wtf is this sh1t before and after both pics the window was rolled down.

14. Aaronjeep2

Aaronjeep2

15. J D

J D

Um I think it's ice it's like frozen water lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk