close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ice moving

Discussion in 'South West Michigan Streams and Rivers' started by riverbob, Jan 24, 2018.

1. riverbob

riverbob Premium Member

Ya the big ice by me is moving, the ice in front of the house is a piece about a mile long hope it gets past ann st. ok

itchn2fish likes this.
  2. Riverdude

Riverdude

Thank you, and please keep us eastsiders updated.

itchn2fish likes this.

3. JungleGeorge

JungleGeorge

Was out on the river today , there was some small chunks floating down, but more anchor ice coming up . Visibility bouta foot. Fished for 3 hours , no fish . I saw an ice jam above 6thstreet st the curve where 131/96 meet. Was maybe 1/4 mile long. Very minimal ice left below 6th street to Johnson park

itchn2fish likes this.
  4. riverbob

riverbob Premium Member

Well the river ice is moving again, yesterday it moved about 150 or so yards n stopped with out jamming, right now the river is clear of ice, haven't seen any small pieces, so i don't believe the whole river is moving, but i think that will happen real soon, i think fishing below 6th st. will be done for awhile

5. riverbob

riverbob Premium Member

not looking good right now, let me make a correction from my first post, i ment north park bridge not ann st.,,,well right now the ice is backed up about a mile up stream of north park bridge, some of the ice seems to b a foot thick n its stackin n backin up river, some of the ice is stacked up about 4 foot high n a lot of smaller pieces r sliding underneath the surface ice ...not looking good

6. Fishndude

Fishndude

Holy flood situation. Plug the Grand River up with ice, and there will be a LOT of water to distribute in the lowest-lying areas around the river.

7. riverbob

riverbob Premium Member

well the river gods were with me, the big ice is gone, lot s smaller ice ( size of a tennis court) will b coming now, things r looking up

8. riverbob

riverbob Premium Member

The river has locked up again(no ice flow down stream) the river should b free of ice below 6th st. go gitum

9. JungleGeorge

JungleGeorge

I’ve heard the 6th street dam is basically not there . Way backed up . Don’t know for sure as I haven’t seen myself....

10. TreeDizzle

TreeDizzle

Your information is correct. No chance of fishing 6th at the moment. Jammed farther downstream

11. riverbob

riverbob Premium Member

Wow, didn't know that, now that i look at the river gauge. i see down town is at action, n it's 3 foot below action up here. (i know sometimes the ice can play tricks with those gauges)

12. riverbob

riverbob Premium Member

Is it true, my neighbors said, he drove over the river down town n the water was almost level with the big dam, is he pulling my leg or what?

13. JungleGeorge

JungleGeorge

14. riverbob

riverbob Premium Member

thanks

15. Benz

Benz

Took this yesterday (2/14/18).

riverbob likes this.