close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I pilot

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species Fishing' started by Matt Bailey, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Matt Bailey

Matt Bailey

What would you recommend I look at? I'm. New to all this.

2. snortwheeze

snortwheeze

Use Google. Type in aluminum boats, glass, or welded .......then type in used boats, walleye, bass, inland lake boats. Lot's and lot's of info.

One day I'll be buying new and I'll spend a lot of time searching.
    Had a buddy drive from Mi to southern Pennsylvania to get his rig because he saved that much $
    Just saying don't jump right in is all

Waif likes this.

3. chevyguy1414

chevyguy1414

I'm definitely going to agree on the 80lb!

4. Waif

Waif Premium Member

What do you like about a Lund and how does it compare to other brands?
    They are known as great boats , but why?
    Look into materials , design and construction of Lund and other brands... warranties,service bulletins ect..
    16 footers when I was shopping demanded a premimum of sorts due to popularity/ versatility. Nothing wrong with that but harder to get a " deal" on.
    Tough time of year to get any incintives at , and I suggest lot' s of looking and learning before buying. Though you found a great example of a craft allready.

5. specks23

specks23 Premium Member

Iv owned 4 fishing boats all differant brands....i now have a Lund and am not dissapointed!!! If u have $ burning a hole in ur pocket look at Hewescraft boats.

6. Matt Bailey

Matt Bailey

Lol don't have money burning hole by no means

7. specks23

specks23 Premium Member

Lol...u will b more than happy w a lund (cant beat the warranty!) also ill add as well...80lb thrust for sure! Good luck

Matt Bailey likes this.
  8. Matt Bailey

Matt Bailey

I'm still fighting the Battle of the wife pushing fishing pontoon over aluminum boat

9. specks23

specks23 Premium Member

Party barges are cool and they have there place..if u fish that inland lake exclusively u will eventually get burnt out on it..if u like to fish alot u will b wanting to go to other lakes/rivers...i put my $ on it!! Then u will need a boat that is easily trailered. Just a thought. Gotta b mobile! Ur not goin want to be loading/unloading/trailering that thing all over the place. At least i wouldnt want too.

10. bansheejoel

bansheejoel

You are spot on, my wife had to have a toon so we bought one. Put a troller on it, electric anchor, and pole holders. It's FUN, for awhile then the hassle takes over. I just bought a new 17' fishing boat and have the toon for sale

11. hiljak102

hiljak102

I bought a 2017 smoker craft 161 pro mag and couldn't be happier it's deep and wide for a 16 footer and Have a 70lbs power drive v2 with ipilot works great and there down to like $950.00 a gander mountain