I am thinking about getting 22 handgun

Discussion in 'RimFire Guns' started by ajc1, Apr 26, 2017.

1. jmoser

jmoser

I shoot Bullseye competitively and top shooters use red dots exclusively nowadays.
    A 4 MOA dot is easily capable of holding very tight groups out to 50 yards or more.
    The human eye is outstanding at centering 2 circles; a round dot in center of black bullseye is very easy to hold even if the dot size blots out the aiming point.

Group sizes smaller than dot size are common.

2. mjh4

mjh4

Smith&Wesson victories are accurate and reliable (nice guns)!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

imjon likes this.

3. Chappy410

Chappy410

I agree. Bought one last summer and it had functioned flawlessly and very accurate. Easy to tear down and re-assemble for thorough cleaning

4. Red Wagon

Red Wagon

If your large handgun is a Glock, you may consider the new Glock 44 .22.Same size & trigger as a Glock 19.

ajc1 likes this.
  5. EZHOOPS

EZHOOPS

browning buckmark are great, I also own a Walther P22 got it new with threaded barrel for $200 on black friday

6. Red Wagon

Red Wagon

If your larger carry gun is a Glock, take a look a Glock 44 in .22. If you carry a Ruger lcp2 ,look at a LCP2 easy slide .22

7. Sportingman1954

Sportingman1954

I love my Ruger Mark 1,2 and 3
    oldie but a gooden.

plugger likes this.
  8. huntnfish2

huntnfish2

Lots of fun .22s out there. For revolvers, i have a S&W model 63 And a ruger single six, both are fun to shoot and very accurate for plinking but a bit on the pricey side. On the semi side, i have a ruger Mark 1 and SR 22. In the last couple weeks i have run around 2000 rounds thru the SR22 and not a single failure to feed and thats with a variety of cheap ammo. For the price— i would give consideration to the SR 22. I paid $300 and its treated me well. Lots of others to chose from as well. Part of the fun of buying new guns is looking.

9. Tilden Hunter

Tilden Hunter

One of those new Ruger cheap single actions would seem to work for the OP.

The only 22 handgun I've ever owned is a Colt Trooper MKIII with an 8" barrel. It wasn't cheap or light, but it serves as a good understudy for other revolvers.

10. 22 Chuck

22 Chuck

Gun prices are liable to be high when stres get reopened due to demand, hard to tell.
    Used guns in pawn shops are predicted to be good come fall when lots of 'new' gunowners are getting rid of that terrible gun they bought.

Mark IIIs are great. Dont let a few illiterates chase you off reasembling one. Lots of help on youtube-check em out.

ESOX likes this.
  11. Red Wagon

Red Wagon

Lots of good advice ,here.

12. Red Wagon

Red Wagon

My favorite target gun because of the Fiber optic sights.

13. waxico

waxico

My observation: I have owned 2 Ruger Mk semis. If you remember the ammo shortage under the last president, I was only able to find Remington Hornet. These would jam my weapon incessantly, the only ammo that works is CCI.
    I bought a Ruger .22 revolver wheel gun. So glad I did that. Quality ammo will be hard to find again in the future, I predict...

Red Wagon likes this.
  14. Red Wagon

Red Wagon

You are right! I saw an ad on Armslist for a bucket of Remington for 150.00 Last I looked went for 69.00. I wish I had a Ruger wheel gun. Seems like all .22 wheel guns are super expensive, except for the new Taurus. Good luck finding guns or ammo for a while.

15. shotgun12

shotgun12

CCI ammo is very good, as for hand guns they are banned over here.

Red Wagon likes this.