Huron River Temp.

Discussion in 'South East Michigan Streams and Rivers' started by Raylaser, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Raylaser

Raylaser

Anyone out there have a recent water temp for the Huron near Flat Rock? Curious where she stands right now. Thanks!

2. mfs686

mfs686

3. Raylaser

Raylaser

4. Raylaser

Raylaser

Temps should be moving into a more favorable range by this weekend with cooler temps and more rain in the forecast.

5. mfs686

mfs686

ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1475009554.590005.jpg

Weatherman said get out and enjoy today because tomorrow it all falls apart. I say BRING IT!

Swampbuckster likes this.
  6. Swampbuckster

Swampbuckster

I'm saddened enough to not even view this link anymore because of its closure to happen in a few days. I've deleted the shortcut on my phone's screen about a month ago to break my religious habit of checking the conditions on a daily basis. :(

7. Sweedishpimp

Sweedishpimp

What closure?

8. mfs686

mfs686

They are supposed to be shutting down the gauge. No funds to maintain it. Was supposed to be shut down on 9/30 but as of today it is still on.

9. Elk5012

Elk5012

Keep emailing Tom and let him know it is actually a valuable asset to have that gage running. From my understanding its for tracking possible flooding in an area and with some of them homes close to the river down stream could be valuable to the locals not to mention us fisherman for fishable waters.

10. Swampbuckster

Swampbuckster

It's done now. To hurt even more, they took away the conditions from over the weekend. Lol.

11. mfs686

mfs686

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

12. jjc155

jjc155

13. mfs686

mfs686

It's an APP called River APP for Apple. Doesn't matter now because the gauge at Flat Rock has been shut down.

jjc155 likes this.
  14. Fishndude

Fishndude

It is weird, but when I started fishing for Salmon, and Steelhead, nobody took water temps, and the internet did not exist for fishing reports. No cell phones 45 years ago, either. We went fishing whenever we could, and when catching wasn't great, the fishing still was. I didn't fish in a major metropolitan area, though.

Here's the thing. Sure water temps matter, and photoperiod matters. But Salmon run the Big Manistee river (and others) when the temps are 70*-plus. Steelhead are sneaking into rivers right now, and most temps are still in the mid-60's.

I learned a LOT about the rivers I fished, when I was searching for early-season Salmon, and Steelhead. I also came to appreciate the fact that Steelhead bite a lot better than Salmon, in the rivers.

15. Swampbuckster

Swampbuckster

It's not exactly a necessity having the realttime river conditions at fingertips reach. It will not slow me down on fishing trips I take. A river gage is just another accessory, or tool to the arsenal. No different than having a range of methods to target specific fish or a vast selection of patterns and lures within your box. Putting all the pieces of the puzzle together and utilizing them to better your odds when the opportunity to fish comes along. The tools and gadgets make it a learning experience and make it fun.

mfs686 likes this.