Huron River Smallmouth

Discussion in 'South East Michigan Streams and Rivers' started by jmarcus17, Jun 22, 2020.

1. TroutFishingBear

TroutFishingBear

looks like the pike are biting, got two more at lunch break...not the smallies though, saw a 2 lb or so fish follow and it flipped me the bird...I got 5 smb from 13-16" in the flint river over the weekend, in only 1.5 hrs or so...maybe try there lol.

kroppe and Nostromo like this.
  2. HuronBrowns

HuronBrowns

How was it's flow and clarity? Last time we fished the flint it was low but chocolate oddly.

kroppe likes this.

3. michcats

michcats

It was colder this morning a couple weeks of that and huron should pick up im thinking of hitting belleville to ford llake stretch this weekend

kroppe likes this.
  4. TroutFishingBear

TroutFishingBear

flow was slightly low but not too bad. only 2 ft visibility and fairly stained. Fish were aggressive.

kroppe and Lamarsh like this.
  5. BurlyCaveman

BurlyCaveman

Visibility was pretty low yesterday, but still managed to catch an 18 incher and some smaller smallmouth.

The surprise catch was my father in law with a 21 inch walleye. I don't suppose there are many of those above A2.

6. TroutFishingBear

TroutFishingBear

Not many, seems the few I get are also quite nice 20-23", for whatever reason.

Glad to hear fishing is picking up.

I got a 14" smb on a whopper plopper tuesday around 630 am.

kroppe likes this.
  7. Ricky Missum

Ricky Missum

I have gotten quite a few above Barton, well west, in front of the Barton, and between Barton and Argo. Have also gotum thru the ice, well, when we use to have real winters!!! Everything starts stacking up in front of Barton once fall starts kicking in!!

8. TroutFishingBear

TroutFishingBear

Nice tip, ricky, maybe I will try a little more for eyes this fall. Usually I throw buzzbaits or topwaters in the shallows for pike in the fall.

Swampbuckster likes this.
  9. TroutFishingBear

TroutFishingBear

got a nice 2.5 lb or so largemouth during lunch today. Sad to say it is my biggest LMB of the year.

10. TroutFishingBear

TroutFishingBear

I've caught a few scrawny smb lately for me, best 14". Did have a 3 lb or so SMB jump at a whopper plopper but missed it. Many hrs of fishing, morning, day, evening. No real patterns. Maybe next week when I'm back in A2 it'll heat up?