Huron ohio

Discussion in 'Detroit River and Lake Erie' started by Cat Power, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Cat Power

Cat Power

Heading to Huron Ohio this week. Anyone been fishing that area recently?

Plan on starting with spoons and dipseys but have my bandits/DHJ's with me.

any info appreciated

thanks

2. KI Jim

KI Jim

Look up Cranberry creek marina- they have a decent fishing report. 2 weeks ago I hammered the eyes on the Canadian line about 6 miles easy of Kelly's.

Cat Power, BigTen and 12riverfish like this.

3. Whopper 24

Whopper 24

Last I heard bite was good out Towards Canada line... be aware, there are apparently several sets of perch nets running north and south between Kelly’s island and Huron area, not exactly sure

jumbojake, Cat Power and 12riverfish like this.
  4. jscheel

jscheel

We were there Tuesday the 28th. We went pretty much straight to the weather buoy on the Canadian line north of Vermillion which is about a 14 mile run from Huron. We caught our 24 in about 3 hours once we found the fish. It took us a little while to find them though, we set up about 2 miles off the line and west of the buoy and only caught two before we got to the buoy.

Whopper 24 likes this.
  5. Cat Power

Cat Power

Great info guys, thank you. My contacts in ohio also said weather buoy area on the line.

Any Steel?

6. Slimshady

Slimshady

I know a couple guys that got into some steelies out of Lorain, about 12-13 miles dead N of Avon Pt. They also got some nice walleyes. That was a week ago.

DoubleJay, morgan311 and Cat Power like this.
  7. Cat Power

Cat Power

2 more sleeps till game time

8. AntiHuntersLoveMe

AntiHuntersLoveMe Premium Member

With the amount of fish still being caught in Michigan waters there's no need to drive that far.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

9. jscheel

jscheel

Please post a report when you get back. It's nice having a starting point for future trips. You may want to be sure to have some 2oz. snap weights for your crank baits. I was using 50-50 and 50-75 with pretty good success. Dipsies and spoons were good too, make sure you have a chicken wing or two out as they have been good all year.

10. Cat Power

Cat Power

We ended up with 54 keepers between my boat and my buddies boat. Not on fire by any means, but always fun being out of town fishing. Lots of shorty's

bandits were the best set up with 2 ounce snap weights. 35/50 was best. All the charter boats on the river had bandits tied on with inline weights.

Spoon bite was not good.

My buddy also did well on crawlers Saturday

11. fisherman 2

fisherman 2

did you have to fish out by the bouy by the line or over by kelleys or closer to huron around the dump?

12. Jason Winger

Jason Winger

We did ok with crawlers by the dumping grounds straight out of vermillion. Used Bandits out of Huron with snap weights Sunday morning and did really well before the heat cooked us off the water. Go to 40’ of water and troll out to 46-47’ and repeat. Get on the water EARLY.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

13. Cat Power

Cat Power

We got nothing at the buoy with spoons. Quite a few boats there though.

I wonder now if I had bandits on if it would of made a difference.

14. fisherman 2

fisherman 2

couple reports on ogf says the bite died up by the bouy and the fish have moved.

Whopper 24 likes this.
  15. the roofer

the roofer

Sorry, I gotta bust your balls cat power..but good lord I burnt a hole in my old ladys leather couch..now I got this 3m adhesives and color matching chart to try and repair this..takes 4 hrs. To dry and she will be home from work in 3.5 hrs..gonna have to toss a blanket over it again..pissed at myself..so here it is..This is Michigan Sportsman!!!...NOT OHIO...lol..had to yell at someone because my raft is coming..good luck in Ohio..

Cat Power and DoubleJay like this.