close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hunting Tips and Tricks thread

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by UplandnWaterfowl, Aug 7, 2013.

1. TheHighLIfe

TheHighLIfe

neat idea
    why not just take a pic of the timetable and the seasons and limits page on your cell phone?
    and for those who have sons or friends like mine, who are occasionally late for the drawing at the 7 wonders, have them send a pic of both their license and their duck stamp, as if you have 2 signed up, they will allow pics of #3 and #4 (they have to go to the check in before hunting, i believe. we all trade pics of each other's licenses for this emergency

2. SteelShot

SteelShot

I keep a pdf version of the guide in my phone. Easy to pull up and check shooting times or anything else you have a question about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bertslash likes this.

3. birdistheword

birdistheword

I vacuum seal my paper license now after dropping my bag in the drink once.

duckaddict and Aaronjeep2 like this.
  4. WalleyeSlayer4224

WalleyeSlayer4224

Anybody know of a good place to sell a layout blind quickly?

Sofa King what? likes this.
  5. TheHighLIfe

TheHighLIfe

when hunting in managed area flooded corn, especially when they overfill the area and the water is knee deep, and you are not hunting out of your boat....

buy a wooden replacement handle for rakes/shovels/brooms/hoes
    the longest you can find
    best if it comes to a point at the bottom
    at the top end, securely screw in a dock cleat
    stick it securely into the mud, as deep as you can go - ensure it will not wobble
    using a sling on your gun, you can put the sling in the dock cleat and not have to hold your gun during the lulls. this will save your back. your gun will be right at your chest, easy to remove when ducks come in - kinda like having a gun boy or golf caddy. i use the center of the sling to have my gun hang horizontally, parallel to the water. but you can also hang the sling at the top of the forearm to have it hang vertically if the bottom of the stock does not wind up below the waterline
    you can also use this to hang a bird carrier from the dock cleat to keep your harvest dry and not floating in the water
    if you put a dock cleat on both sides, this can handle both your gun and your birds
    just be sure any weight does not cause the handle to sway or tilt