close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hunting Tips and Tricks thread

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by UplandnWaterfowl, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Hunters Edge

Hunters Edge

Cabelas carry a small multi tool/key chain I carried it with me whether upland or waterfowl hunting in place of needle nose. Because of the compact and lightweight design I purchased enough for family and good friends for Christmas. They take little room and does not add much weight in the ammo bag or if carried in an upland vest can be very handy in an emergency. It also folds up to minimize damage while carrying it, and again reduce space that may be needed for more shells, at least in my case.

Do not get me wrong they are not a Leatherman or Gerber multi-tool, but they will and have come through in a pinch or emergency for me.

2. Hunters Edge

Hunters Edge

Not sure what each of you use to identify each persons ducks but if you trap the tags use for trapping work well cheap and reuseable. The tip is ziptie's in the bottom of ammo bag. Not only to attach identity tag but has multiple uses. Dog goes through blind, blind weathering comes loose, want to add additional cover on blind, use to reattach gas line on outboard, yep extra ziptie's come in handy and will be used at one time or another.

3. Waif

Waif Premium Member

Round boot laces not staying tied ,or paracord a pain to untie?
    Use a firm square knot. Unties pretty easy.

4. Hunters Edge

Hunters Edge

Not sure if this pertains to hunting tips but it does pertains to after the hunt. A hose at the entrance to home/cabin will remove mud/sand etc from waders/boots it works spring,summer, and fall gets the packed clay if wet still out of crevices/tread in the bottom of boot/waders.

If you have a difficult time getting recipes of duck, geese to come out taisty and are tough? Consider a meat tenderizer they are usually about 20 bucks or less and can be used not only for wild game but can enhance all meat. I like the one that actually pokes or slices through meat instead of flattening. The holes it makes into or through the meat allow marinades and spices to enter meat along with tenderizing it.

Just thought these tips for after the hunt will make it easier and more enjoyable.

5. Fowlersduckhunter

Fowlersduckhunter

I have done this for several years and it works excellent.

6. Swamp Boss

Swamp Boss

After years of watching my jetsled cover blowing across the ice or sinking while duck hunting, I put a couple of grommets in the cover right where the rope affixes to the sled.