hunting regulation proposals

Discussion in 'Questions about MI Hunting/Fishing Law' started by timj, May 16, 2018 at 12:45 PM.

1. timj

timj

I love the new Dnr website and generally find it very easy to browse. However I can't seem to find where the new proposals are, and when I contacted the wildlife division thru their contact links to ask that same question. I got no reply back

Perhaps someone here can point me in the right direction.

I've heard rumors about proposal's to stop all baiting, reworking the way deer tags can be used, depending on zones and whether we're talking private or state land and so on.

2. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

See the past NRC meeting minutes and agendas. WCOs are covered. Anything more than WCOs is just idle chat.

3. timj

timj

Thank you Luv2hunteup
    Would those NRC meeting minutes and agendas be posted in the michigan.gov/dnr website?

I hate to admit it, but I've never looked up the NRC meetings before.
    Even though I've been an active hunter all my life and have had the honor of introducing my kids, a few of there friends and my grandsons to the sport :)

4. timj

timj

Opps found it :), Thanks in advance though

5. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

Once you find where the WCO is listed. Click on it for the full proposal. Typically speaking the first month it’s informational. It make get revised prior to the second meeting where action is required.