Hunting Dog Podcasts with Ron Boehme

Discussion in 'Upland Game hunting, Dogs and dog training' started by Lamarsh, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Lamarsh

Lamarsh

Just recently discovered podcasts (I guess I'm behind for my generation). It's basically just a fancy term for an audio show, pretty much in a talk radio format. On iPhones you can go to the podcast app and literally type any subject and tons of stuff comes up for free. I started listening to this guy's podcasts on bird dogs, the author is Ron Boehme, and they're pretty fun to kill time riding in the truck long distances or waiting places, etc. He's got some pretty cool topics, and quite a lot of content. Just thought I would share. I think the guy is from Michigan.

For guys with iPhones, just search for them using the podcast app (I assume droids have a similar app), but if you don't want to use a phone you can just click the audio clips on this site below and they should just play for you. Nice thing about listening to them on the phone though is you can listen to them anywhere.

Hope you guys enjoy as much as I have been.

https://thehuntingdogpodcast.libsyn.com/

2. Setter

Setter

The podcast with Delmar Smith is priceless.

Lamarsh likes this.

3. BassFisher91

BassFisher91

On my trips up north I started listening to the 'project upland' podcasts. All bird dog / bird hunting related. I also download a few and listen to them inside the cabin as I sit by the fire planning my next day's adventure. Good time killers and gets you in the mood to get back out there.

Lamarsh likes this.
  4. BDK

BDK

Ron does lives Michigan. I enjoy his podcasts and down to earth approach. Just an average guy that wants to talk dogs and hunting with them. You should check out some of the old stuff on the archives. You may reconize a few of the people he has interviewed; some may even be regulars on this forum.

Lamarsh and anticipation like this.
  5. CDN_Cocker

CDN_Cocker

You've got lots to catch up on. Birds buds and booze is another good one.... as is the gun dog notebook and project upland.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Jparker94 and Lamarsh like this.
  6. Lamarsh

Lamarsh

Haha, apparently I'm behind the curve!

Gonna check that one out next. Thanks!

I've seen their short films, but I'll check out their podcasts. I like their films, they do some pretty cool things with drones and such.

Agreed. I'm on my third podcast of his. Definitely like his approach.

I was looking at all the other podcast channels/authors on my iPhone, and just under the topic "bird hunting" there seems to be endless content. I will definitely check that one out.

7. Lamarsh

Lamarsh

I'm wondering whether anybody would be interested in an upland and/or bird dog podcast sticky like there is for the upland/ bird dog books? There are just so many of them out there, might be nice to share favorites?

8. N M Mechanical

N M Mechanical Premium Member

I play Ron’s podcast while I train

Lamarsh likes this.
  9. RCA DOGS

RCA DOGS

I have been I have been listening to a few for a while. Ron’s took a while to get used to what I think was background noise of beers cracking and cigars being lit.

VstarBR and Lamarsh like this.
  10. N M Mechanical

N M Mechanical Premium Member

And taking a leak

Lamarsh likes this.
  11. CDN_Cocker

CDN_Cocker

Only beef I have with hunting dog podcast lately is the amount of sponsors he has to go through. 15-20 mins is just that. The actual content though is always good.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

VstarBR and Lamarsh like this.
  12. Lamarsh

Lamarsh

Haha I noticed the lighter. I was wondering if he was hitting a pipe, and if so, what he's putting in it lol. Those sounds don't really bother me tho, I actually think it's pretty funny. Also usually has his dogs barking in the background, which, given the content, is sort of fitting.

I got to skipping over that stuff right away, usually skip the first 5-10 minutes at the beginning and end of each podcast. I guess that's what we gotta do for free content like this.

CDN_Cocker likes this.
  13. Lamarsh

Lamarsh

Lol, I think I just ran across that one today.

You listen to the one on PLs with Dale Merritt? That was the first one I listened to.

14. wirehair

wirehair

I like the interview with George Hickox. Ron is a regular hard working guy. He is from Michigan. He has a few Italian Braccos. Dancing Duke Kennels. He has some nice dogs. One is named Miller Light LOL. (that may explain what beverages are being opened on the air) Saw him in Maryland early last week for our annual club meeting. Knows a lot about dogs himself. I think what makes his podcasts interviews and discussions so good are the relaxed atmosphere they are conducted in. Kind of like sitting around the campfire. Hope that does not change.

Lamarsh likes this.
  15. I have been listening since he first started the podcast. Ron is one of those guys who is just naturally funny. It's like listening to a friend shoot the sh*t about hunting and dogs.

Lamarsh likes this.