close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hunters Needed

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by Kilt Guy, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Kilt Guy

Kilt Guy

I tried to get out on LSC this morning but my buddies bailed due to wind. Looking for 2 or three guys to try and go out this afternoon. I have a tender boat, layout and decoys. All you have to do is show up and help out. This is my first season so willing to learn from experienced hunters. I also have spots open for every weekend until the end of the season. BTW, I use the boat launch at Selfridge. Text first as I do not answer numbers I do not know.
    248-563-5731
    Mike

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  2. ahartz

ahartz

We launched this Am on LSC and turned around and came back in. Please be careful layout hunting this lake in any wind, especially an east wind, especially with a new or totally unknown to you crew. especially......well you get the point ......

PA BUCK 2 and Doghouse 5 like this.

3. Kilt Guy

Kilt Guy

and that is why we did not go out. I am still having troubles filling my boat and it has sat on the trailer the last 3 weekends. Not a happy hunter.

4. Wall-llard Willie

Wall-llard Willie

IMG_1652.JPG
    Us too, drove from Dearborn got all set to launch and decided better of it. With my rig and experienced crew we could have hunted I'm sure but it's not worth the risk! We sure had fun yesterday though. 5 man limit(one left early with his six)

5. Handliner84

Handliner84

It is tuff to find a small group of people to layout hunt with. I know that for a fact! My hunting partner and i had a 2 man layout boat and struggle to fill it all times. 4 people work the best with a 2 man in my world . Sold that boat and moved to a 1 man boat so just the 2 of us could hunt and at times a 3rd. Best move we ever made. Once you find a few people that are hooked its game on. One of the 3rd guys we hunt with a lot now we might right here on M.S so you are asking the right people to add to your core group.

6. MasterBaiters

MasterBaiters

your breaking my heart,at 68 nobody wants to wait for me,went thru the same grief,owned one of the first Kalash 2 man,now have a 2 man layout boys ,been on trailer for two years, good luck!

7. Buckshot556

Buckshot556

Mike are you the guy with the pontoon boat tender? You and my friend spoke while we were launching this am. How did y'all do? We took a Buffy and old squaw. I'd love to try layout hunting and down state every other weekend. Only ever shore hunted and have fantasized about buying a layout for the three seasons I've duck hunted.

8. Kilt Guy

Kilt Guy

That was me. We only got 1 Ruddy if I I.D it right. Not much flying today. I have a few guys for this weekend lined but I will keep you in mind. I will be looking to fill the boat Thanksgiving and the weekend.