close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hunters' Choice

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting Regulations, Proposals, and Law Debat' started by Joe Archer, Aug 18, 2017.

1. otcarcher

otcarcher

The only ones that need luck are the cattle farmers in the TB zone. They're the ones caught in the collateral damage caused by an ever shrinking minority of hunters who can't fathom the idea of passing a yearling buck, or who don't do their part in antlerless harvest because they quit hunting.

2. swampbuck

swampbuck

[​IMG]

3. swampbuck

swampbuck

Again....most of those clubs practice some form of restrictions. Do you know where club country is on the map.......here's a hint, its mostly covered up on these maps.

[​IMG]

4. ridgewalker

ridgewalker

I was not writing about 487.

5. ridgewalker

ridgewalker

I was writing what locals up there said to me.

6. ridgewalker

ridgewalker

I wrote in a "non-MAPR county". Thanks for agreeing that quality animals can be see without MAPR.

What does "not killing enough antlerless deer" have to do with the "right to kill whatever buck you choose"? It is the MAPR groups that want to protect the animals that disperse the disease to "surrounding counties".

No management style is responsible for causing either CWD or Btb.

It was some clubs that made large piles of feed in an attempt to create their own deer herds. Btb rates have been continually near the 2-3% rate.

JVoutdoors likes this.
  7. feedinggrounds

feedinggrounds

If one drives around in early spring, watching deer eating the first green they see as snow melts off farm fields are they ALL not antlerless?

8. hear fishie fishie

hear fishie fishie

Look at the picture "hear fishy fishy" posted "club country" .
    Appears to be a decent buck to doe ratio for private land in club country under HC.:confused::eek:

9. rwenglish1

rwenglish1

How is the growing of bigger bucks going to solve a problem. A dead deer is a dead deer and a problem solver!

motdean likes this.
  10. rwenglish1

rwenglish1

I think we can all say a buck produces more deer in one season than a doe. It doesnt matter the size of his antlers, so the less bucks we have the less deer will be born and that is a problem solver

11. rwenglish1

rwenglish1

We are talking about a deer problem right or are we taking about we need bigger bucks to shoot and show off in photographs.

12. ratherboutside

ratherboutside

This is not correct from anything I have ever read about deer population control. Does population controls deer population.

13. swampbuck

swampbuck

The hot zone is still club country, where APR's are commonly practiced.

Outside the hot zone you find the scattered positive, I would speculate from dispersal.

Here are the 2015 map,

[​IMG]

You guys are promoting a management philosophy that is already common in the hot zone....how's that been working so far?

14. sureshot006

sureshot006

APR are not as common in "club country " as you might think. I too have seen a bunch of TDM signs out there.

Some seem to practice it pretty well. Others only tell you they do until you see the spike in their trailer on the way out.

I know I'm a bad guy but is 2-3 of 100 deer with TB really the end of the world...? If it got knocked down to 2.0, who's going to notice?