Hunter Harassment?

Discussion in 'General Michigan Hunting' started by KL747, Oct 29, 2020.

1. YAKFish#1

YAKFish#1

This is more of a phone harassment complaint than hunter harassment...document all the contacts and log the dates and times (that info can be confirmed thru phone records)...the next time they call, text them back stating you no longer want them to CONTACT you and advise them you will call the police and pursue a phone harassment complaint if they do it again (screen shot the text)..at this point I would file a complaint with the police department where you are RECEIVING the calls and get a complaint number...make sure you put that number in the text so they know you already made a report...WORKS EVERY TIME

jiggin is livin and HUBBHUNTER2 like this.
  2. ice house

ice house

the dnr should enact a law that fence sitters tree stands, ground blinds and elevated stands must be 50 ft or whatever off the fence line. do not tell me they will never shoot a deer on your property ,they can and will and they will retrieve it from your property and cut branches and trees to get a clear view . they are hunting your property . instead of asking for permission they ask for forgiveness when caught , I have put up with this crap for years , the grass is always greener ,pushing the limits and its the same low lifes year in and year out.been there doing that.

TriggerDiscipline and buggs like this.

3. KL747

KL747

Mr Ice House,
    In certain circumstances I do agree however I take offense if your comments are directed at me in this situation. I am not sitting on the property line nor do I have any shots into this property. I am simply trying to make the best out of the one spot I have permission to hunt.

To update the situation, I have not had any more phone calls. The new problem is that now that it is gun season and I have orange on they can see me in one of my stands. Two different vehicles will drive up and down the road stopping and revving up their car. I have contacted the DNR and they have been out and done some drive by’s but no luck yet.

In a win for me I was out there last weekend and had the entire field full of deer. While they were revving their motor and looking at me with binocs I shot an 8 point. I wish I could have seen their faces when the .450 barked and the buck hit the dirt! I’m still smiling from that.

4. buckrat

buckrat

Put a buddy in orange in your stand.

Video them from a hidden spot with the hunter in the background?

5. Jiw275

Jiw275

Mr. Ice House. Just so I understand your post #32.

You think the DNR should increase the size of your property boundary/boundaries by 50’ or whatever?

Wow.

6. ice house

ice house

I am not directing my comments at you but at some point in time someone is going to shoot a deer and its going to go 30 feet on their property, or a nice 10 point comes on the fence line and someone takes a poke at it , so do I retreive and trespass,? in 1 minute you have gone from hunter to trespasser to violater , and if I got away with it once well what the hell we will just do it again next year or 5 years down the road. maybe the land owner knows nothing about you , but he dealt with a holes long ago doing this before you arrived on the scene.

7. ice house

ice house

properly lines hardly ever move, a fence line/ propertly line buffer zone maybe keeps everyone somewhat honest

TriggerDiscipline likes this.
  8. Martin Looker

Martin Looker

I guess you want to pay for a lease on the 50 ft of MY property you are telling me I can't use.

GIDEON, Urriah, Jimbo 09 and 3 others like this.
  9. jatc

jatc

Only 50’? I hunt open farm country in the rifle zone. Better make it 500 yards. Either go big or go home!

jiggin is livin and miruss like this.
  10. YAKFish#1

YAKFish#1

When anyone hunts property lines than there’s always a chance deer can run onto another’s property...when that happens, you ASK for permission...if you don’t get it, you move on...there’s been a problem with deer hunting since TV hunting shows...bragging rights are more important than ethics...this year a buddy shot a nice eight near Stockbridge, ran onto the neighbors property...lady said no to him and he walked away...when did bragging rights out way morals, laws and ethics...the jealousy and childish competition has driven me away from deer hunting...if I’m on my property and shot a nice deer heading your way then that’s my good luck and no one should be mad...I’d actually walk over and congratulate the guy...after all, it’s just a deer and I’d be glad to share that guys success...too bad there’s not many people out there like that anymore...I’m sure there will be many upset to read that...or most won’t make it past the first two sentences

11. KL747

KL747

I will add to this thread for the sake of my morals, I can assure you I am set up in such a way that shorting across the line would be next to impossible.

I also went over to the anti’s house and knocked on the door. The man of the house answered the door and I introduced myself. I said look, we don’t agree with each other but neither of us wants a dead deer laying in the woods. He said as long as I was honest it would be ok. Maybe a trap, maybe not. I said that if I shot a deer and it ran onto his property I wouldn’t track it without permission at that time. He was no tuff guy face to face, not that I was looking for that. My hope was to show these people that I respect the laws as well as their right to hold different beliefs. Obviously they have continued to pester me but I haven’t given one reason for them to bad mouth hunters.

Ice house I 100% agree that there are plenty of guys that would take a mile so to speak. The age old problem is that a property line is awful thin. To tell someone that they can’t use every inch of their blood, sweat, and tears is crossing a line as well. The unfortunate part of this is that there are violators that ruin it for everybody. For the last 30 years I didn’t worry about a property line for one day. Unfortunately this is my reality in 2020! Along with Covid which has been kicking my butt for the last week.

12. Rainman68

Rainman68

Years ago I had a cousin give phone numbers to a handicapped kid saying they had free stuff if he called. I warned him not to give my number and the dumb azz did. He failed to understand when I told him I have a fax server ready to rock and ruin his day. He got faxes every 15 minutes for a week. Lets not forget they retry 3 times every non answer:D

I still have it. Just sayin';)

QDMAMAN likes this.
  13. june bugger

june bugger

I don't understand whats happened to this world. The c idiots buying hunting property acting like they control everything or the neighbors telling you when you can mow your lawn or cut wood. Hunting state land is more drama free than owning property anymore. Lets not forget the people you give permission too that throw a bag of bait out and post 4 no trespassing then act like they own it. Reading some of these comments makes me wanna puke

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  14. Martin Looker

Martin Looker

The first thing my new neighbor told me was that there are way too many doe around here. We should kill off at least half of them so we will grow bigger bucks. I was a farmer for a lot of years and didn't grow more or bigger bulls by killing my cows. Can someone please explain how this is supposed to work?

TriggerDiscipline likes this.
  15. Forest Meister

Forest Meister

JMHO, but I think a lot of it has to do with people buying smaller and smaller parcels resulting in more and more rural neighbors being closer and closer together. Toss in the fact that many are trying to grow bigger and bigger deer and others are only interested in seeing deer, on these ever decreasing acreages and we have the fixin's for perpetual headbutting.

I'm surprised folks aren't blaming the DNR for neighbor on neighbor conflicts. Oh, wait, some are finding ways to blame the DNR. Some seem to expect one of the approximately 192 COs to always be at their beck and call within minutes of them reporting a trespasser, potential trespasser, hear a gunshot, or want them to persuade a reluctant neighbor who refuses to let them track a wounded deer across their property, across a parcel that is often no bigger than the handful of "huntable(?)" acres the shooter owns. Never mind the fact that these officers average about 300 sq. miles, over 190,000 acres, to patrol. That does not including any great lakes patrols. These officers are on a 40 hour week with maybe a very few precious hours of OT allocated during firearm deer season. Those hours also include time needed for fishing issues, waterfowl hunters, little fold ladies with raccoons in their garages, and other mundane issues. The scourge of all field people must also be taken care of almost daily; doing reports and other paperwork DEMANDED by "Lansing".

OK, I'll get off my curmudgeonly soapbox. Maybe I'm just ornery 'cuz I didn't get to go to deer camp. Sorry. FM