Hunter etiquette/ respect

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by johnhunter247, Oct 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. From what I gather here the majority think I should let this guy come in and bully me into moving. Not a chance in hell I let that happen. I normally take the high road. But in this instance I refuse. I will continue to hunt there. I’m hoping this guy gets the hint and decides hunting on top of someone else won’t pay off and moves. But I doubt it. I will let you guys know how it goes as the season progresses. But I promise you guys he won’t beat me out there. If I am one thing it’s dedicated. I’m always the first truck out there and always a minimum of an hour setting and ready before daylight so the woods can calm down before light. Especially on state land. I like to be set and ready and let the weekend warriors push the deer towards me. Not to mention my entry and exit to this spot is impeccable. But I will keep you posted how things go. Promise! I bet it’s going to be pretty amusing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1morebite, U of M Fan, jeffm and 4 others like this.
  2. TriggerDiscipline

TriggerDiscipline

This reminds me of one of the best moments in cinema history:

Radar420 and johnhunter247 like this.

3. d_rek

d_rek

Not saying you didn’t pick a great spot or put in the effort or that the other guy isn’t a little bit disrespectful by setting up right next to you. All I’m saying is don’t get yourself into trouble over a deer.

TBH my FIL is the kind of guy to setup right on another hunter or as I’ve witnessed him to do many times, next to other ice fishermen. He figures there’s a reason other guys are there so he should be there too. It has nothing to do with selfishness or wanting to bully anyone as he’s the least selfish person I know. But it is a funny way of thinking to me personally.

Sent from d_mobile

4. thetreestandguy

thetreestandguy

It's been a few decades since I deer hunted public ground but that's where deer camp was when I was cutting my teeth with the extended family. Things were surely different back then and the big north woods had plenty of room to roam, in 10 years I can't remember anyone in our group ever having similar issues.

Having said that I just can't imagine being the other guy. I simply wouldn't want to be looking at someone the entire time I hunted, I wouldn't feel as relaxed as I'd like to be. It'd just be weird to me knowing I purposely set up such that I'm literally staring at some dude every time I was in the woods.

5. Lumberman

Lumberman Premium Member

Ha that’s exactly what I said to the guy. When I looked up finally and saw him from like 10 yards. I sad sorry man what are the odds. This was a long way from the parking spot in a large area. Lol.

TriggerDiscipline and Sparky23 like this.
  6. fishnpbr

fishnpbr

PBR;)

7. John Hine

John Hine

8. Probably not killing a mature buck this year! But maybe I’m due for a an oscar!

9. Sparky23

Sparky23 Banned

I'm just thinking there are 2 sides to every story. And maybe you think you are very entitled. I have had 12 guys hang stands on me or walk in on me while hunting this year. If you are good as you say then you know the spot is already blown more than likely so scout and move. Fairly simple. I dont know what truths there are but I doubt this is a spot on story from your entitled attitude always. Maybe I'm wrong but damn. Move or get over it or sit and watch each other see nothing. Its state land this happens daily. It's not right when it does. But pure Michigan has good and bad. Go back to iowa maybe although seems I see this on htp there also

JasonSlayer, justdandy and d_rek like this.
  10. Radar420

Radar420

I don't know, this Conan scene might fit better within the context of this thread:

TriggerDiscipline likes this.
  11. skipper34

skipper34

12. I’m a terrible entitled hunter! I have done nothing that proves otherwise!

13. From your post sparky I can tell that you are far superior of a hunter then I ever will be. Maybe that’s why I’m dumb enough to stay in the same spot. Or maybe I’ve dumbed down like one poster said. There really ain’t any other way to put the story. Let me break it down for you. Forget me... Hunter A hangs stand. Hunter B comes in at some point after and hangs a stand 50 yds behind haunter A’s stand and another 70 yds to the east of hunter A. Then last Saturday hunter A is out to hunt see’s hunter B and has a conversation with hunter B about respect, courtesy and hunting on top of hunter A. Hunter B doesn’t have any issue hunting on top of hunter A. Hunter B doesn’t care one bit about hunting 70 yds away from hunter A. Hunter B has no issue with it at all. Hunter B’s response was we are 70 yds apart. I’m not sure of a better way to break it down for you sparky. It bothers me. It doesn’t bother him one bit. He thinks 70 yds apart is plenty. No other way to put it.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  14. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mods

Maybe state land close quarters is all the guy has ever known and doesn't see the light.

15. mbrewer

mbrewer

Head smack! Well played.

U of M Fan and johnhunter247 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.