close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Humminbird HELIX 7 Ice

Discussion in 'IceFishingMichigan.com' started by Ranger Ray, Dec 18, 2016.

1. RichP

RichP

These new HELIX 7 devices look really cool. Decisions, Decisions...

2. Ranger Ray

Ranger Ray Smells like, Victory! Premium Member

They do! They do! I am buying!

RichP likes this.

3. sfw1960

sfw1960 Staff Member Super Mod Mods

The new Helix Chirp Ice machines are gunna ROCK!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

RichP likes this.
  4. RichP

RichP

Hmmm, $499 is slightly easier to explain to the wife than $649, but I know I'd be kicking myself for not getting that slightly larger screen.

When I say how much I spent, I don't round, I truncate, anyone else do that? :lol:

hawgeye likes this.
  5. Ranger Ray

$649 is list. Looks like they will be selling around $100 less. Still a lot of jack. Add to it an Eskimo 6120i, and I wont be coming home until the ice melts. That is, if it ever forms. :yikes:

Jimbos and RichP like this.
  6. sfw1960

Don't bother with the 5, it's pretty small, unless you have very young GOOD eyes.
    I never pay MSRP, and my wife is always informed of the screamin' deals I get...
    Not I!
    DO NOT, I repeat... DO NOT look at what the Helix 12 Mega SI G2N is going for Ray!

I have ONE - but would like another....:mischeif:

7. Jimbos

Jimbos

8 weeks a year in Petoskey, 44 in Livonia
    If I didn't fall on my ass last winter and get a few bucks from the company which all went to new ice gear, I wouldn't have the ice stuff that I do. Remember the new Striker outfit?
    I had to go with the Lowrance Ice Machine I could never justify 600 bucks, I think ole sfw gets kickbacks on the latest and greatest...lol

8. sfw1960

I wish.

I go to work to earn my coin & put my pants on just like the next guy does....

I'll have a few puffs 0' what yer smokin' there Jimbos!

:lol: :evilsmile :lol: :mischeif:

Jimbos likes this.
  9. sfw1960

"The ICE HELIX 5 (5” screen) and ICE HELIX 7 (7” screen) CHIRP GPS G2 models take accuracy and clarity to new levels for hard-water fishing. Unlike traditional sonar that operates at a single 200 kHz frequency, CHIRP send pulses across a maximum range of 130 kHz to 250 kHz, resulting in more detail and resolution. What anglers see on the ICE HELIX screen is crisper and has remarkable target separation, meaning consumers will be able to differentiate between a fish holding tight to the bottom and their lure. This jaw-dropping clarity is obvious whether the angler views the screen in flasher or 2D sonar mode.

The ICE HELIX also cuts through sonar “noise” unlike any other unit. It features an easy-to-use Interference Rejection system, which allows anglers to select from one of five settings to eliminate competing sonar signals in the water, resulting in a clearer screen. The benefits of this technological advancement are huge, particularly when fishing crowded spots where multiple fish finders send sonar signals throughout the water column."

This means no more for tit-for-tat on cone angle among the flasher crowd - because as frequency decreases, coverage increases - the wavelength is physically longer and with it comes less target separation - the higher the frequency, the better the separation at the cost of depth penetration and smaller cone angle.

With frequency change - so does cone angle...... Turn the sweep range up & down and experiment!

I am running 75% of my rig with Chirp, and it's GREAT to have options!

Guys that get these are going to post some screen shots I hope.

https://www.humminbird.com/category/company/press-release/Humminbird®-Announces-Big-Ice-Fishing-Promotion--Buy-an-ICE-HELIX®-5-or-7-CHIRP-GPS-G2-Unit-and-Receive-a-Free-High-Definition-LakeMaster-Map-/

10. Ranger Ray

Game on! Bring on the ice!

ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1513292230.932076.jpg

sfw1960, RichP and Jimbos like this.
  11. sfw1960

YUM YUM Gimme SOME!!!!!

Be sure to register the unit and install the latest update for MORE fetaurea and the free Base Map if it's not already installed!

12. Jimbos

Jimbos

8 weeks a year in Petoskey, 44 in Livonia
    That darn Ray is just made of money, or he's dipping his hand in the church's collection basket....:);)

Ranger Ray likes this.
  13. Ranger Ray

14. whitetail&walleye

whitetail&walleye

I've got the helix 5. Always been a vex guy. The couple times I got to use the helix last year made me switch over to a graph for good.

nick 74 likes this.