How many people actually go as long as they can

Discussion in 'Icefishing LP inland lakes and rivers' started by june bugger, Mar 4, 2020.

1. june bugger

june bugger

Seems like alot of people say how much they love ice fishing so much. This time of year people seem to be done. How many guys actually drive to find safe ice and go as long as safely possible?

2. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mods

I normally would... heart isnt in it this year with the weather the way its been

sweet lou and bigbuckmiddaugh like this.

3. david boyko

david boyko

Yeah it was a very discouraging winter for ice fishing. Would really like to hit the ice somewhere this weekend for one last hoorah of the season. Hoping for some place less than a hundred miles

4. Smooz

Smooz

Ice has been pretty sketchy in the south east part of the mitten this year. Driving up to Higgins from Canton, MI Friday morning with my son for a full weekend of ice fishing. Plan on being on the ice all weekend. Only leaving the ice to sleep. Hopefully we'll do well, as this is my son's first time fishing hard water. Wish us luck.

5. Bay BornNRaised

Bay BornNRaised

Till last ice Every year! Favorite time of year and fight it till the End every Spring. Sad day when ice equipment gets put away....

6. june bugger

june bugger

I agree was on 10 inches yesterday, did I say nobody out there,gotta love it.

John Dumbra and Bay BornNRaised like this.
  7. Marty H

Marty H

Been out on 10 inches of ice the last 3 days and I just came home with my third limit of gills ! When I can't jump on the edge of the last ice from shore , I stay home and start cutting my firewood for next year .

8. river-man2112

river-man2112

I would be but I spent all my money going up north the last few weekends and its hard to ignore the siren call of the steelhead fishery thats only a few miles from my house...

9. John Dumbra

John Dumbra

just nice being out with your son fishing is something, but if you don't mine, sorting fish, try perching, you have Fun and be busy too...

Smooz likes this.
  10. Carpenter Bill

Carpenter Bill

I drove 1900 miles In february to go fishing Lake the woods Minnesota,Fish non weekend at Saint Clair and inland Lake, Been a terrible year for ice fishing. I keep going to the fat lady sings. Be safe out there guys don't be stupid. Until Next year catch you on the hard side over now from carpenter bill

Bay BornNRaised likes this.
  11. jimbo

jimbo

So many lakes within 20mins from me, I ve never needed to go north. Until this year I guess.
    Other than going north on fishing trips when I was younger with my dad or BIL, no. But back then, a motel was $14.00.
    Plus I basically only get out on weekends. I did take 1 day off this winter to fish

Sent from my iPad using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

12. Out-Kast

Out-Kast

Open water coming soon enough. Until then, boating is not an option!

:D

[​IMG]

13. june bugger

june bugger

Not much difference than high school. you had the band boys that toot their horns and the kids that actually played sports. Some things never change;)

Ricky Missum and Bay BornNRaised like this.
  14. Bay BornNRaised

Bay BornNRaised

True but then again some can watch all the videos and read all the magazines and think they are professional anglers. Along with sports to some no matter how much you practice bouncing the basketball your still on the bench. Kudos for tryin!!

icehead69 and june bugger like this.
  15. june bugger

june bugger

TRUE, At least there was cheerleaders for the guys playing sports, not so much for the band boys. lol

icehead69 and Bay BornNRaised like this.