How far do trout go in the Clinton

Discussion in 'Cold Water Species Fishing' started by Scumbag-fisherman, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Scumbag-fisherman

Scumbag-fisherman

I fish the Clinton a decent amount by Yates I catch a lot of trout I live on the Clinton in Harrison township and I’m wondering how far the trout go down the river I don’t wanna drive 40 mins everytime I wanna trout fish so about how close too the lake can you catch em

2. randall cobb

randall cobb

It’s all about the water temperature. I would think most don’t go much farther that downtown Utica.

3. Whales

Whales

I have never caught one north of Opdyke rd. I've been up there, been into Pontiac city limits, where it comes out from under the city flows from a concrete channel to a small dam. Alot of storm sewers and the Pontiac water treatment plant is on the river, (It Stinks... BAD). They may be up there....if you can take the smell, I'd say it's not worth it. Alot of Guys fish the small park in the city Auburn Hills ( downtown), they stock it for a kids fishing derby...by mid winter those fish are usually gone... caught or washed down stream. Rochester is always a nice spot. Park under the Rochester rd. Bridge follow the river south, alot of nice holes, they did a good job of making a good habitat, just need the fish in good numbers.

fisheater likes this.