How do you transport all your tackle?

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by MattG123456789, Apr 22, 2020.

1. MattG123456789

MattG123456789

6C086106-1F78-4239-88FE-57CB6DF45B7C.jpeg 5B32E7D0-0B9C-457D-A8DC-FAF7A56CEE4B.jpeg I just picked up this Plano tackle bag and absolutely love it! I always struggle to find a way to bring everything I need with me depending on if I’m fishing in my boat, from shore, or a buddy’s boat. Now I have everything I need in one compact package that I can change which Plano boxes I keep in it depending on what I’m targeting. Pockets for my scale, pliers, soft plastics, and anything else I need. Great for pier and shore fishing too!! Just really happy with it so wanted to share and see what everyone else uses because I’m bored and can’t take my boat out lol

Link below for my bag
    https://amzn.to/2XUblax

UBDSLO1 and 1morebite like this.
  2. ReallyBigFish

ReallyBigFish

I've got a cabela's backpack similar to yours. I've had it for 8-10 years now and love it. Easier carrying everything where ever I am fishing.

3. MattG123456789

MattG123456789

N
    nice! Wish I would have gotten a back pack sooner!

4. piketroller

piketroller

If I went that route, I’d need one of these:

AEF46D4A-9534-492F-8227-B8DD3D3024DE.jpeg

5. ReallyBigFish

ReallyBigFish

I don't own a boat so it's nice for me. I have to make choices before going for the day. It will hold 4 of the plano boxes plus a smaller box of plastics I use and a box of spinnerbaits/buzzbaits I have. Then tools in a bunch of different pockets. I get what you're saying though about needing more space.

MattG123456789 likes this.
  6. tincanary

tincanary

I only take what I need depending on which species I'm after. For the most part, I can fit what I need in a chest pack. I do have a backpack as well but it isn't often I need to use it, it's mostly used for camping trips. My chest pack holds everything; a box with the baits I'll need, a box with terminal tackle, some leader line, and a few other odds and ends.

Here's mine, they're usually around $25 on Amazon and occasionally go below $20. I think I paid $18 IIRC. https://byallen.com/product/fall-river-chest-pack/

[​IMG]

7. LOL, That is great! got a laugh from me while wishing I was on a lake, any lake!

8. Crestliner 16

Crestliner 16

All of my fishing gear?:eek: I need a moving van to do that.

Shoeman likes this.
  9. Mr Burgundy

Mr Burgundy

Go to tj max and buy a backpack that has a sleve for a laptop. I bought one like 10 years ago and paid maybe 25 bucks.

10. Zkovach1175

Zkovach1175 Premium Member

I have multiple soft bags with cases inside them. I take and load each on for whatever I’m targeting(walleye, brookies, pike etc).

Crestliner 16 likes this.
  11. 6thMichCav

6thMichCav

Took up kayak fishing in 2003 with no deck storage and wanted to reduce in-hull clutter in case I ever needed to bail out.

Now my lake tackle consists of one 8x11 Plano flat box with the essentials, inside a soft bag with plastics, a spare reel, knife, hemostats, and a spare spool of line.

Simplifies choices, cuts down on unused lures, and makes packing in and out of the car a lot easier after a six-hour paddle.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
    Crestliner 16 and tincanary like this.